[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Milestone New Series

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Milestone New Series
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:35 am 

On Doug's Corner at the start of the year, he talks about a milestone new series with a major studio, has that started yet? Is it a Disney thing, or something quite different.

Post subject: Re: Milestone New Series
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:23 pm 

It hasn't started yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:24 pm 

Be patient. Things develop rapidly around here these days. We're building a lot of relationships. Being on an important new Disney feature like The Avengers is a milestone, working with ABC on a new TV series is a milestone, working with the Hollywood label is another... and coming up in about four weeks or something like that is yet another studio branding milestone. I sort of lose track now of what's really a milestone since our pipeline is so busy. As you can see, we're talking with virtually every major studio now... in itself an important development. So my start of the year comments about milestones ahead are already yielding lots of fruit. In a nutshell... we're involved in a lot of stuff now. I hope you'll enjoy some (or all) of it!
--Doug :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm 

Wow, thanks for the quick reply, I just thought I might have missed it with so many various things happening. Looking forward to whatever comes, I know I'll like some of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:44 pm 

Holy cow! Exciting news!

Can't wait to see the May 29th batch now!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:36 pm 

Well, Hollywood Records is now part of Disney, so is that really a milestone? Not mean sarcastically or anything like that -- just doesn't seem so.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm 
I'll just use my trusty time machine to see what Intrada has in store for us in the month of May. And don't bother asking me what the releases are when I come back to present day; I'm keeping that info to myself. :D

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:23 am 

It's perhaps a matter of perspective. For me the opening of Universal's TV vaults would be a milestone! :D

The Outfit (Fielding)
The Other Side of the Mountain I (Charles Fox)

and extremely unlikely, but...
Junior Bonner
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:16 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:29 am 
I don't think Amazing Stories and Battlestar Galactica precludes a series branded and dedicated to more frequent releases of Universal TV soundtracks. It would be nice to get a volume of Columbo music one week, a volume of The A-Team music another week, another volume of Columbo music weeks later, and so on.

It is mostly wishful thinking. There is a lot of untapped goodness in the Universal TV catalog.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 11:06 am 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:52 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:12 am 

I wonder if the landmark new series could involve Watertower Music. Doug did mention that they had deals with every major studio. As I understand it, Warner no longer allows previously unreleased scores to be licenced out, only re-issues and expansions. However, it does not seem that Watertower has any desire to release any older scores, only new releases, obviously due to the limited demand for older stuff. So, my theory goes, Intrada might have inked a deal with them and we may still get Batman and Robin, Lethal Weapon 4 and Fandango, among other things...

If not this, then I'm hoping against hope for a Lucasfilm deal, as unlikely as that seems...

If not either of these two, then I'm stumped.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next