[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - BSX releases Andrew Belling's STARCHASER: THE LEGEND OF ORIN

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: BSX releases Andrew Belling's STARCHASER: THE LEGEND OF ORIN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:15 am 

Post subject: Re: BSX releases Andrew Belling's STARCHASER: THE LEGEND OF
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:22 am 
Nice.

In my opinion, the real jewel in BSX's latest batch is Craig Safan's score for TAG: The Assassination Game. If you're unfamiliar with this score, you should start by listening to that magnificent main title cue.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:09 am 

ORDERED! (from the Intrada store, naturally! :wink: )

SCI-FI, has always been my favourite genre of Film and T.V. scores,
and I think that many would agree that the likes of: JOHN WILLIAMS, JERRY GOLDSMITH etc., have done a great deal of their best work in this area. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:46 am 

YES! Hell IS up! I have ze money!

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: infinite G - Holy Grail

Sunbow/Marvel cartoon scores (Johnny Douglas)
The Big Picture
Blame It on Rio
An American Werewolf in London/Thriller
The Last Boy Scout
My Science Project
A Brief History of Time
Troy (Yared)
The Withces

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:36 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:50 pm 

Picked up both as well, being a huge fan of Craig Safan, and liking what I heard of Starchaser ! :D

BSX mentioned the London Studio Symphony Orchestra, I wonder where's the nuance...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:51 am 

I listened to the sound clips, but I was unmoved. It was fairly well done, but it was just "there" to me, and the lifts from other film scores in almost every sample provided, was glaring ("Star Wars", "Superman" and a Bernstein score -- either "Saturn 3" or "Spacehunter").

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:56 am 

Used to love this film as a kid and I'll confess to still having a strong liking for it now :wink:

Just received the CD this morning and I'm very disappointed with the fact that some important cues (well, to me anyway) seem to be missing from this release. Seemingly 75% of the synth drum heavy, action ones. Off the top of my head, the minecart escape, the Mandroid chase and the escape from Toga-Togo.

Not sure if this is worth contacting BSX over (?) but I'm not impressed :(

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:33 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:38 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:18 am 

This is an excellent album ! I'm very pleased to have all the orchestral cues, and listening to this CD is a pleasure every time !

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:45 pm 

Thanks so much for releasing this... been played many times already... many more to come. :) T.A.G. was another big surprise (like I said in an earlier post) and most welcome. BSX is on a roll lately. Thanks to Mr. Thaxton, Mr. Banning and all the others involved in both releases. Special thanks, of course, to Andrew Belling and Craig Safan for composing such great scores. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:34 pm 

Will we ever see an official release of Michael Boddicker's work? I can guess it isn't terribly popular given the backlash against 80's synth scores, but one can hope...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm 

Andrew Belling was kind enough to join us to talk about his memories of creating the score in the latest episode of our humble podcast, Movie Oubliette, for anyone who enjoys podcasts.

Links to your favourite podcast platform of choice on

(P.S. Our next episode is on Disney's 'One Magic Christmas' and we're joined by composer Michael Conway Baker and actor Elisabeth Harnois. We were on a bit of a 1985 kick!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next