[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - A ton of Soundtrack LPs...anybody want to trade?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: A ton of Soundtrack LPs...anybody want to trade?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:31 am 

Hey everybody,

I'm not sure what the forum etiquette is for buying/selling/trading, (I'm new here) but I have about 60 or so Soundtrack LP's that I'd like to get rid of. They're too heavy to put on eBay and not worth the time to sell individually on eBay. I thought I'd check in the forums and see if anybody collected LP's on here and might want to buy some or preferably trade me soundtrack CD's for my LP's. All the records are in excellent shape. The vinyl as well as cardboard sleeves are all in great shape and in plastic sleeves. A lot of them come with the original letters from Columbia Records, Mercury Records, etc. to their customers, announcing the company's future endeavors into producing soundtracks and also feature some bios on "Up and coming" composers like Danny Elfman. Ha! The majority of them are Classic 80's with various artists like Gotcha!, Sixteen Candles, Summer School, Once Bitten, but there are a bunch that are John Williams, Bruce Broughton, Maurice Jarre, Mark Isham. Some that would be really expensive on CD like Young Sherlock Holmes, The River, Land Before Time and Wraith. I know LP's aren't as comprehensive and expensive as some of the CDs we soundtrack enthusiasts collect so I'm willing to trade a few LPs for one CD...just make me a fair trade offer. I'll include a list of LPs I have and CDs I'm looking for. You can get a hold of me at shawndumont7@gmail.com and let me know if there's anything you're interested in buying or trading for.

As for the soundtrack LPs I have, here's a list:

Accidental Tourist, The - John Williams
American Tail, An - James Horner
Arthur 2: On the Rocks - Various artists w/ Bacharach
Bagdad Cafe - Various Artists
Beast, The - Mark Isham
Becket - Laurence Rosenthal
Blue Iguana, The - Various Artists
Body Slam - Various Artists
Bugs Bunny and the Tortoise
Caddyshack - Various Artists
Casualties of War - Ennio Morricone
Colors - Various Artists
Dirty Dancing - Various Artists
Dragnet - Various Artists
Dream a Little Dream - Various Artists
Fantasia (Gatefold 2 LP) - Stokowski
Fathom - John Dankworth
Fire and Ice - Various Artists
Funny Face - George Gershwin
Gandhi - Ravi Shankar
Ghostbusters II (New/Sealed) - Various Artists
Good to Go - Various Artists
Gorillas in the Mist - Maurice Jarre
Gotcha! - Various Artists
Harry and the Hendersons - Bruce Broughton
Hollocaust - Morton Gould
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka! - Various Artists
Innerspace - Jerry Goldsmith
Jazz Singer, The - Neil Diamond
The Jetsons Movie - Various Artists
Just Tell Me You Love Me - Various Artists
Land Before Time, The - James Horner
Last Exit to Brooklyn - Mark Knopfler
Letter to Brezhnev - Various Artists
Light of Day - Various Artists
MASK - Various Artists
Metropolis - Various Artists
Mission, The - Ennio Morricone
Moon Over Parador - Maurice Jarre
Native Son - Various Artists
Nothing in Common - Various Artists
Officer and a Gentleman, An - Jack Nitzsche
Once Bitten - Various Artists
Parenthood - Randy Newman
Patty Hearst - Scott Johnson
Prize, The: And other Great Movie Themes - Jerry Goldsmith
Punchline - Charles Gross
River, The - John Williams
Rocky II - Bill Conti
Rocky III - Bill Conti
Rocky IV - Various Artists/Vince DiCola
Rose, The - Bette Midler
Sea of Love - Trevor Jones
Sixteen Candles - Various Artists
Some Kind of Wonderful - Various Artists
Soup for One - Various Artists
Star Struck - Various Artists
Summer School - Various Artists/Danny Elfman
Thief - Tangerine Dream
Wraith - Various Artists (I can include the DVD with this LP)
Young Sherlock Holmes - Bruce Broughton

Specific soundtrack CDs I'm looking for...
Poltergeist - FSM or Rhino release
Children of the Corn - Varese Club
Predator - Intrada release
The River - Varese Sarabande
The Dead Zone - Milan
The Accidental Tourist - FSM
Dances with Wolves - 24 Track Release
Tuff Turf
Youngblood - RCA
Christmas Vacation - Warner Brothers
Pee Wee's Big Adventure/Back to School - Varese
Star Trek III; Search for Spock - FSM/Retrograde

I'd like to hear any trade proposals for anything from Film Score Monthly, Intrada, Varese Sarabande, Varese Club, La La Land, Percepto, BSX, Kritzerland, Marco Polo, Silva (No Compilations please). I'm new to collecting so I'm looking for a lot.

Again, if this is frowned up on the forums, I'm sorry. Can someone direct me to where I should post this?

Thanks!
Shawn

Post subject: Re: A ton of Soundtrack LPs...anybody want to trade?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 am 

I suggest you get in contact with SAE (that is Screen Archives Entertainment). Go to their site: www.screenarchives.com. Or try to sell/trade over at FSM (www.filmscoremonthly.com), they have specific forum for trading.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 pm 

I don't know if SAE takes LP's, but I do know they'll make you an ofer for your CD's, but you got to pay shipping. If they do take LP's, I can't imagine you'll profit over shipping them.

Alternatively, you might want to check and see if there is some kind of major LP message board with a soundtracks section.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:43 pm 

Hi Shawn

I've sent you an email.

Cheers, Jago

eBay >> http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/digitalscreams

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:17 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:38 pm 

Sorry if there was any confusion. I wasn't looking for a different site to sell them on, I just didn't know if selling/trading through the forums is frowned upon at this site. Some site's don't like that stuff in their forums and I just wanted to know if the site had a better spot or designated spot to do that in. Thanks for the feedback though.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:18 pm 

No, no selling threads have been allowed here. jwfan.com has a trading/sale forum. Try there.

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]