[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces ISLAND AT THE TOP OF THE WORLD
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm 

Great release here. One from the Disney catalog I have long waited for! Thanks to all at Intrada for continuing to make wishing and waiting worthwhile.

SDCOTT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:33 pm 

Excellent release - ordered! :D

Intrada have already released my no.1 Disney live-action grail: THE BLACK HOLE,
and my no.3 grail: 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA,
fingers-crossed, that my no.2 grail: CONDORMAN, isn't that far away now 8)

Last edited by Neil on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:51 pm 

Thanks for the enthusiasm guys! We get lots of requests for people's favorite Disney titles, holy grails and whatnot. Condorman this, In Search Of Noah's Ark that, The Black Cauldron this, True Life Adventures that... you get the idea.

If it'll help satisfy your cravings... enjoy knowing we love the same scores you do and we're working on them. And it's all because our partners at Disney are being generous in letting us all finally have "the stuff dreams are made". (A little Bogart quote.) For me, it's like throwing a dart just to see where it hits. The Disney vaults are packed with all sorts of childhood favorites. And grownup favorites, too! I'm literally a kid in a candy store right now. But we're moving as quickly as we can. Some projects require an extensive amount of research, others need a lot of transferring, mixing and assembly. Fortunately, Disney has always been proactive at vaulting and protecting their music, be it old or new, so realizing these dreams is actually possible.

Let's face it. All of this is beyond anything we all could have imagined. Having Randy Thornton for a partner is nirvana, too. His list of favorites is just like yours and ours. Roger, Joe and I were sitting with him in his studio a few weeks ago watching him and his engineer tackle one of the holy grails we've all been asking for. It was a joy to see how much passion he has for this stuff. Yep. He's one of us!

So things are happening. In fact, besides the Jarre disc that just came out, we have two more Disney releases coming up very soon. I think both are real gems.

What a great time to be a soundtrack collector!
--Doug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 pm 

Well said Doug, well said. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

(And by that, I mean I CAN wait - I'd never moan that a Disney title released wasn't the Disney title I most wanted, and don't understand the mentality behind those who do >shrug<)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:46 pm 

Really excited for most anything Disney esp the animated titles and live action titles pre- 1980's Not to say I won't buy anything from the 1980-1990's either :-) really think it would be cool for have Score cds for Candleshoe and Freaky Friday! The cover art for those two would be cool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 pm 

Since Intrada can release a Jarre score from the Disney vault, then I look forward to the day that Intrada releases a Delerue score from the Disney vaults (there's only one and many people want it).:D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:30 am 

Has this started shipping yet or are the hamsters just buried under the Predator orders?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:24 pm 

This amazing soundtrack arrived this morning and better than I expected. Very strong themes and Jarre's typical wild orchestration. I love it. Thanks, Intrada, you guys have done it again.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:37 am 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:30 pm 

Doug/Roger,

This is a phenomenal score, and I'm very grateful that you released it, but what's up with the static/distortion that appears on several of the tracks? It's similar to the distortion that appeared on Dov Seltzer's THE 7 MAGNIFICENT GLADIATORS. Is it caused by a flaw in the original recordings?

Josh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 am 
I also noticed that. I just assumed that the recording levels were too high, as was the case with the original Battlestar Galactica recordings. It happens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:55 am 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:17 pm 

ehmm... SOLD OUT??!
When did "THAT" happen? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:23 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next