[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - LLL announces Expanded HOOK

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: LLL announces Expanded HOOK
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:09 pm 

Very nice Anakin. Be sure to look here for a true complete and chronological cue list:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21590

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:21 pm 

Thank You. This tracklisting is missing the "Goodbye Neverland" track between 25 & 26.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:55 am 

No, it's not. That cue is called "Believe Your Eyes" (8m4), and La-La Land placed it in its proper chronological sequence, which is after the Smee's Plan scene (8m3). In the final finished film, they removed an entire day of events (notice the deal Tink makes with Hook at the beginning of the film is for "3 days", but then only 2 days are shown), so as a result the "Believe Your Eyes" scene, meant to end Day 2, was mostly removed - but the very end of it (the "Goodnight Neverland" part) was moved to after the "When You're Alone" song (which was the intended ending of Day 3).

This is all briefly explained in the liner notes in the booklet that came in the film, but explained in longer detail by John Takis here on Tim Burden's radio show:

http://soundcloud.com/timburden/movie-m ... ok-special

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:11 pm 

All Right... This got me a headache ! XD
Thank you ! :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:44 pm 

I've listened to the radio show and that explains everything. Now I get it. Lalaland's album is what the score could have been in the original editing of the movie. That's why some cues like "Believe Your Eyes" and "When You're Alone" are misplaced, compared to the movie.

At least we have the original composer's intended version ! And we can have our self-made-up film version if we like...

Thank you Lalaland, John Williams, and all involved. That's a great album anyway, despite the Ultimate War sequence poor audio source.

BTW what is the re-recording of Hook's music used during the show ?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm 

As I type, the exit music is closing out my first run of this fantastic set.

Either I'm getting old or less critical, but unless some posts mentioned
the dreaded 'film stems' used for 'The Ultimate War', aside from a couple
of brief spots, I wouldn't have known. Technology is sure working wonders -
speaking of wonder, I wonder why M.Matessino wasn't involved in this?

If you are on the fence, go forth and buy, this is awe-inspiring stuff, they
did a great job all around. Not sure about anyone else that had complaints,
but since I had seen HOOK maybe 3 times in my life (1 of which was a couple
weeks ago), I wasn't as married to strict film sequence woes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:53 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:57 pm 

I've just finished assembling my own DVD-A listening version of this score using Daniel's notes to split out the Hook-Napped cue and reverse it and attaching the Exit Music on after the Lost Boy's Chase in the End Title as originally intended. I also used the original CD for some of the cues when possible because I thought the sound was slightly better overall - and I also manipulated the levels as bit to raise the lower level cues slightly. On my preamp my normal listening level is -8db but for this CD it was 0 or -3 I found. Also did anyone notice the "You Are the Pan" version has chorus added in the last part of the cue? Not so on the original CD release. I wondered about the stem issue when listening to the Ultimate War sections, especially when I heard the metallic sounding reverb on the end of the "Sword Fight" cue - not the quality Shawn Murphy had added in the other mixes. The beginning section of the End credits has that same reverb- that must be from the film dub elements also. Somewhere there has to be a DAT with Stereo mixes of all the cues.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3