[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Friday the 13th: Parts 1-6

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Friday the 13th: Parts 1-6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:55 pm 
I just read on the FSM forum that La-La Land Records will release a box set of Harry Manfredini's scores to Friday the 13th: Parts 1-6 on January 13th, 2012.

I nearly died reading the announcement. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Friday the 13th: Parts 1-6
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:57 pm 

Wow! These are terrific scores. Count me in for this box set!
--Doug

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:54 pm 

WOW!!!!!!

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:49 pm 
I listened to the samples for the compilation album on iTunes, and the sound quality is better than I could have ever imagined. This will be one of very few box sets where each disc would have been quickly purchased if released individually, but we instead get it all at what looks like will be a very fair price.

Horror scores can't get more appropriate to the content and downright enjoyable than these.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:43 pm 

Oh man, this is simply stunning & incredible news!! :shock: :shock:

Another Top 5 grail with no chance in hell of being released is now a reality.

January feels like an eternity for sure, but the complitaion download should tide me over until then.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:08 pm 

Tears of joy hit me... I have been wanting this (along with a ton of other people) for years...

La La starts the year off with a bang... Oh so ordered... I wonder what Intrada has up their sleeve???

I would be surprised if this is not a quick sell out...

2 days after my birthday, this was announced... :)

My jaw is still laying on the ground...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am 

I think La-La Land does great work with the audio on their projects. And they sure pick some goodies! These are gonna be fantastic. Part 2 really grabbed my attention but I can't say which score I'd pick as a favorite. All of 'em I suppose.
--Doug

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:06 pm 

I'm still in shock over this amazing announcement. Picking a favorite from the first six is definitely a challenge. I can't wait to finally have these CDs in all their digital remastered glory. I already started saving my pennies. I'm glad MV gave us this heads up so we could do just that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm 

The master tapes to some had always been reported as missing. Somebody asked and MV replied they found them.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:40 pm 

This is the boxset of boxsets (sorry Rocky)
This came as a surprise really, as I really thought the Friday scores was destroyed as I asked Manfredini once and he spoke about re-recording them in the future.
First Íntrada dig up FRIGHT NIGHT (which is a superb listening and a well done job made by Intrada boys)
and now LLLR bring us FRIDAY THE 13th...I must say I´m stunned and it hasn´t sunk in yet...
This is the movies I grew up with and which made my love this genre...
Today I must say it again...I´m happy were we stand in getting so much great music released by the labels and give a BIG shout out to all the labels, really appreciate all the hard work digging for these great releases...

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 am 

Much as I've sworn off boxsets, a FRIDAY box is something I'll make an exception for, since I'd probably pick them all up if they were separate releases AND they've not been released before (I have the Milan CD, which is great but a scant amount of music).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 am 

Cant wait for Friday 13th on Jan Friday 13th

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:26 pm 

I was a big horror film fan in the 80s...saw all the HALLOWEENS and NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREETS...but somehow, I never say the FRIDAY THE 13THs. I do have the Milan CD, but never knew if it was from a specific film (possibly III, since that is the artwork on the cover or a rerecord).

However, with this news I just watched the first film. What a great main title..what chaos. And the strings are so crisp and the brass so sharp -- really dynamic recording. It's similar to what's on that Milan CD, but doesn't quite seem to have the clarity or punch. Looking forward to this release!

Roger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:06 pm 

Friday the 13th was the movie (and serie) that started the whole moviething for me as a youngster...
Jason became an icon in a twisted way and I loved Manfredinis Psycho music on acid...
In my quest for moviemusic , I actually thought these scores would never see the light of day and i love that so many people really are enthusiastic about the release in January...

Now we have to grab that set fast as i think it will sell out in notime and all those greedy ebaysharks knows this...

Roger, i know Intrada does everything in their power to top this release in 2012 but it will be difficult :mrgreen: ((just saying)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:41 pm 
It was fun listening to the "On the Score" interview with Harry Manfredini and hearing about some of the production processes for this set. I got a chuckle over his surprise that there are people out there who want every note of his music that appear in the first six films.

Of course, I really look forward to this set reaching my hands and the music reaching my ears.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next