[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Psycho II or III

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Psycho II or III
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:53 am 

Would there be any way of getting an expanded score released of Jerry Goldsmith's PSYCHO II and/or Carter Burwell's PSYCHO III? Great work by both composers. I know the Varese of Goldsmith's score only has a few tracks and is hard to find.

Post subject: Re: Psycho II or III
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:15 am 

I think one of our beloved labels are working on PSYCHO 2 as we speak. :wink:

Ooppss!!!! - Wrong movie. :mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:23 am 

Boy, this would be super duper... Fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:09 am 

Carter Burwell is a composer that is very under-represented in most donnybrooks regarding film music. He has a certain charisma in his orchestral colors--often falling on... blind eyes? His score to the Universal film, Fear, from 1996, needs proper handling. And Psycho III was a healthy addition in an ill-fated franchise, one of which, I'll admit, could use a better album presentation than that of the previous LP, which, if i remember correctly, included various songs at varying times across the record.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:06 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:36 pm 

If my memory serves me...
I do recall that "Scream Of Love" co-written by Burwell and David Sanborn
from PSYCHO III received an extended 12" single release.

I would love it if, say BSX, could license an expanded presentation of the original album with more score cues and the contents of that remix single. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:43 am 

OK, now people will take me out and beat the living S of me for saying so, but the one score of the Psycho movies i enjoy listening to the most is...PSYCHO 3
Hell, that was the first LP I ever bought as a soundtrack and I love the presentation on LP but wouldnt mind an expanded release either...
Psycho 2 is my next fave, with Herrmanns as a third (Revell´s part 4 isnt my cup of tea, sorry)

*HEY WATCH THAT GUITAR..*

Hey why do this guy keep appearing in this thread??? hmmm....

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:15 am 

I'm with you CocoNut, PSYCHO 3 has the best score of the four movies...
...but Goldsmith's comes a close second. :wink:

:mrgreen:

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 am 

If Herrmann's score is the worst of the Psycho films, then I don't understand the world we live in...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:09 am 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:18 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:07 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:14 pm 

PSYCHO II complete is my holy grail (followed closely by Burwell's excellent score for 3). I've been writing to the labels once a year to beg for this one. I'm still hopin' for my miracle!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:18 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next