[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's EXPLORERS

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's EXPLORERS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm 

INTRADA

Announces:

EXPLORERS
Composed and Conducted by JERRY GOLDSMITH
INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 180

Intrada presents the long-overdue expansion of Jerry Goldsmith's 1985 score to the Paramount film Explorers. The original LP release from MCA records featured highlights of the score, but only focused on two of its many facets, primarily the adventure and later the quirky outer space setting of the final act. It's a bit deceptive in a way, for the score has more dimensions and is often a contradictory work: buoyant, melancholic, celebratory but slyly
witty, bursting with energy and optimism but also tinged with regret. It was this latter element that was sorely missed the most in the previous release.

“I put a very mournful temp score on the movie,” director Joe Dante recalls. “I used Bernard Herrmann’s ‘Walking Distance’ music from The Twilight Zone,
...and I remember Jerry saying ‘Do you really want it to be this sad?’ I said I didn’t want it depressing but it’s a movie about dreams that don’t come true...so there was a sense of loss about the movie that I wanted to get into it, but Jerry also managed to do a lot of bouncy stuff that made it a lot more fun.”

Melancholy aspect notwithstanding, the album is a lot of fun: the music is packed with robust orchestral energy in the action, inventive electronic effects for the character’s dreams and soaring melodic sweep for the flight sequences. For the alien spaceship sequences, Goldsmith even adds colorful hip flavor to his musical mix. The score offers just about everything.

Explorers was director Dante’s follow-up to the 1984 smash hit Gremlins. The story involves three young boys (played by Ethan Hawke, River Phoenix and Jason Presson) who construct their own spaceship under the influence of thought transmissions from an alien race. The boys convert an old Tilt-A-Whirl car into the “Thunder Road,” and test-drive the vehicle over their town, eventually flying it into outer space for an encounter with the aliens summoning them. But the extraterrestrials behind the alien technology turn out to be quite different than any of the boys expect.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 180
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7064/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's EXPLORERS
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:12 pm 

Out of This World... Fantastic ! And Its Complete -- My Bank Account is taking another hammering...!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:16 pm 

Ordered! Thank you, Paramount, UMG, and Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:17 pm 

This is ........ I'm ........ You know ...... I just can say ............ Muchas gracias !!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:21 pm 

I don't often post here but a quote popped into my head when I saw this up for order.

"You are a success in life if as an adult you can get everything you wanted as a child." - Harlan Ellison

This release brings me one step closer.

Thank you guys so very much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:23 pm 

Wow, I'm speechless. Truly speechless.

Epic release. Just EPIC.

My grail list shrinks yet again thanks to Intrada - thanks a million guys!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:27 pm 

I threw an order down for one copy each, 20000 Leagues... and Explorers the moment each was announced. Glad I didn't wait until 8:00 pm to check for the announcements.

These are nice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:28 pm 

I put my spenderpants on and accidently ordered two Explorers *LOL* never happened before but oh well...
Someone misses this and it sells out, you know who to call (Ghostbusters).
I ´haven´t actually seen the movie, but have heard the score before and it is vintage 80´s Goldsmith (can anyone say no??)
Well anyway thanks for reminding me that I have a wallet :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:29 pm 
Holly Cow, OMG....sorry speechless.

Thank you Intrada!

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:36 pm 

You KNOW this is ordered!

(from Screen Archives this time, as I wanted to bundle it with other discs)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:38 pm 

Just magnificent, Mr. Goldsmith's complete 'Explorers" handled by Intrada to perfection.

I love you guys!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:41 pm 

Amazing release!!! Ordered in a heart beat!
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you
Intrada !!!
You are the ones :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Last edited by Luigi on Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:42 pm 

Ordered!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:43 pm 

Ordered, along with 20,000 Leagues. What a year for great releases, I still need to grab The Black Hole and Up.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:55 pm 

Sweet bugbombs! Even the extras are amazing to me!

The stuff that... dreams are made of...

PARIS! PARIS!!!! BYYYYYYYYYYE-BYYYYYYYYYYE!!

Sunbow/Marvel cartoon scores (Johnny Douglas)
The Big Picture
Blame It on Rio
An American Werewolf in London/Thriller
The Last Boy Scout
My Science Project
A Brief History of Time
Troy (Yared)
The Withces

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next