[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Les Baxter's THE BEAST WITHIN

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Les Baxter's THE BEAST WITHIN
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

THE BEAST WITHIN
Composed and Conducted by LES BAXTER

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 132

Intrada's latest release from the MGM vaults features Les Baxter's final horror score -- the 1982 film The Beast Within. While a clear evolution from such earlier Baxter scores as The Terror and Cry of the Banshee, dark, percussive effects, lurching orchestral movements and buzzing electronic atmospheres take this score to a whole new level. Like the story’s distraught teenager, Baxter’s score is a beast in a human body -- featuring sympathetic, melodic shards that represent humanity that are constantly tortured and chiped away by jagged, dissonant effects. It’s a relentless musical spirit, with Baxter’s themes building on top of each other until all hell breaks loose. And though The Beast Within would essentially be his swan song to the genre, the 60-year-old composer showed that he could be still be savagely energetic and experimental.

The Beast Within emerged from a brief description in a book publisher’s catalogue, the story of a cellar-enslaved man’s transformation through his forced consumption of human corpses. While author Edward Levy hadn’t written the actual Beast book yet,upcoming screenwriter Tom Holland (Fright Night) revised the concept. Holland’s imagination broke the beast who used to be Billy Connors free from his chains, and rapes an unfortunate newlywed bride whose car has stalled in Mississippi. Seventeen years later, her son Michael finds himself possessed by Billy’s spirit, which drives him to kill his father’s tormentors―with each attack transforming the teenager further until Billy’s ghastly form takes final possession of his son’s body.

This release is limited to 1000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 132
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE 5/24/2010
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6609/.f

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:03 pm 

I've been discovering Les Baxter more and more thanks to you guys. Ordered!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:04 pm 

Thank you Intrada! This IS AWESOME!!!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:05 pm 

Goodie Goodie :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 pm 

Now, that is a cover! Picked this up, along with the one I missed, Straw Dogs. Thanks, guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:17 pm 

Horrorly cool release! :twisted: THANKS HAMSTERS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:03 am 

Right up my alley. That previously unheard title music is terrific! My young and healthily growing Baxter collection thanks you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:11 am 

I'm not to fond of Horror scores,
but this one of the most effective scores to a Horrorfilm I've ever heard.

Makes my skin crawl when I'm watching the movie.

One copy for me, thanks Intrada. :P

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:53 pm 

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Les Baxter's THE BEAST WITHIN
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm 

well gang, this one is 'on the bubble' - shame, get one while you can!!!!

I love this record, but am really torn on the alternate main/end titles.

What was finally used, the tracked transformation music, works perfectly
especially the eerie end title - BUT Baxter had a great point with his initial
sad,moody feel. Why oh why can't we have it both ways????

Great stuff, go forth and buy gang....

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Les Baxter's THE BEAST WITHIN
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 pm 

I definitely love the cover for this soundtrack. That is one evil-looking jock. :D

I'm not sure whether to take the plunge or not on Les Baxter's music, but I guess I'd better make a decision pretty quick.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]