[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's YOUNG GUNS II

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's YOUNG GUNS II
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:36 pm 

Cool!

i bought it at Amoeba and thought it was a legit composer promo
bruce

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:35 pm 

It arrived :)

Thumbs up for this one.

Okay, Little Tom Dies is really cool.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:32 am 

Mine shipped yesterday. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:07 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:16 pm 

When I encoded the score album onto my PC, BTW, I added the 2 songs "Blaze of Glory" and "Billy Get Your Guns" as tracks 17 and 18 respectively.

This was the only thing to make the "dream album" for the film.

What's interesting is how well "Blaze of Glory" works with the score.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:22 am 

Received mine yesterday! :D

This is without a doubt one of my favorite film scores by any composer, and it's great to finally have it on CD. I know this one will get a lot of play over the years in my house. Thank you once again Intrada!!

Now, if Warner would just release the film on Blu-ray... :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 am 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:11 am 

I'm just curious, but how well is this one selling?

I'm loving the way the new limited edition model seems to be being implemented here.

We're talking about the music, instead of the sellout :)

I'm revisiting this CD a lot, and love the spanish flavor to a lot of it. It's also got some real kick-ass action music in there in the Silvestri signature style, and the sound quality is perfect.

I know some of the cues were mixed in together, which is an interesting double-edged sword.

It does make for a nice listening experience, but it's a little more difficult to isolate certain cues for a customized playlist.

I have to say, I'm really happy with this. :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:34 pm 

Thinking about it. on the same lines are the retailers ordering the same number of copies as normal? Do THEY know how many it's limited to?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:44 am 

I received this score on Monday and spent all day yesterday listening to it.

Those guitar solos are fantastic. The score plays very well, moving from more intimate material to grand epic to rock power ballads in the blink of an eye!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:52 am 

Young Guns 2 is an excellent presentation from Intrada with perfect sound and mastering.
I love how the two themes on the first tráck is put together instead of becoming two minor tracks...great CD from El maestro :D and Intradas second best this year (Yes 48:hrs still takes the first spot :mrgreen: )

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:03 am 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:32 pm 

Got my copy of YOUNG GUNS II yesterday and I just can't stop playing it.....YEAH!!! It's that good. :twisted:

I've had the b@@t for a very long time but this INTRADA presentation blows that sucker out of the water,,, not only in sound quality but also the presentation of the tracks.
I love how the Intrada edition melds the cues esspecially Track 1 Scars and Track 12 Little Tom Dies.

I think I'll have to get myself a second copy in my next Intrada order cuz this one I've got in my CD player is workin' overtime. :mrgreen:

My cowboyhat's off too you guys for putting out this fantastic presentation of Silvestris extraordinary score.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:34 am 

I agree...great release. I have given it several spins already since I received it. Thanks Intrada for this release!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:19 am 

Besides, it was made quite clear when the new policy was discussed that the upper limit is 10,000, and the practical limit will be when the title stops selling.

ANYWAY, the other thing I find interesting is that if you listen carefully to "Brushy Bill" you can hear a little of the blowing wind from the M&E track underneath the opening guitar, but it sounds appropriate. Thank goodness that this was possible as that opening guitar solo is one of the best parts of the score.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next