[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's YOUNG GUNS II

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's YOUNG GUNS II
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:45 pm 
This is one of the first films I saw as a child that made me recognize just how important a competent musical composition can be to accompany the visuals. The main theme playing as the gang falls down the chasm, as well as them confronting James Coburn, are scenes that stuck with me for both their musical and visual splendor.

The entire score is great, but I will undoubtedly listen to some of the cues with much anticipation for the lead-in to the main theme.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:42 pm 

This is becoming automatic...

Ordered!

Thanks Team Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:00 pm 

Thank 'ee kindly, fellas! Can't wait to give 'er a spin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:10 pm 

I'd been hoping to get this score for a very long time. The music made an indelible impression when I saw the movie!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:41 pm 

Scratch another title off my list!!! Congratulatons guys! :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:25 am 

Amazing :) I slept a good nights sleep to finally wake up, visiting this page and enjoy the soundbits while clicking order for this i.m.o best Silvestri from the 90´s. This score really plays on emotions and is a wonderful score that made me take notice of moviescoring for real when the movie was released.
Which label released it??? Well let me just say booo-yah :) Thank you Intrada for the best summer title released this year. While you visit morgan Creek, please consider the first Young guns too as that is on my TOP 10 :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 am 

Great release ! I forgot how good this score is but thank to the samples... ORDERED !!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:28 am 

Gonna toot my own horn here for a moment:

Young Guns II was in the middle of principle photography when I began working at Morgan Creek. Everyone there knew I was a huge soundtrack fan and collector at that time, except for the film's producers, who had been on set with the cast and crew filming. When Paul Schiff returned, I heard him talking about who they might want as a composer for the film. At that time, he was debating between Alan Silvestri and Basil Poledouris. I immediately supplied him with every score I had from both composers (I remember specifically Paul asking for Red October and Abyss, while for Silvestri, I provided Fandango to go along with Predator and Clan of the Cave Bear).

A couple days later, Paul returned my CDs to me and said they were going to go with Alan Silvestri. I was JAZZED!!! Later, during the scoring process, I had the opportuntiy to go to the 20th Centruy Fox lot, where Maestro Silvestri was recording his score...I was running some sort of errand on another Morgan Creek project and ran into Excutive Producer David Nicksay, Paul Schiff, director Geoff Murphy and Mr. Silvestri. They were heading to lunch and they invited me to go with them.

Due to the other errand, I had to say no, but that would have been just the BEST LUNCH EVER! :-)

Anyway, due to the success of Young Guns II, Morgan Creek hired Geoff Murphy to direct Freejack and Emilio was already signed on to star in that film. Sadly, Freejack wasn't the hit they hoped it would be (although signing Mick Jagger was kinda wild!).

Anyway, that's my story. It's the only time that I actually had input into which composer might work on a film I was involved in at that point in my Hollywood career. Later, Mr. Schiff provided me with a DAT recording of THE VANISHING by my hero, (you know who!!) before a soundtrack was ever even considered (that wouldn't be for another ten years of so!!).

I was (and still am) so very grateful to Mr. Schiff and Morgan Creek for the opportunities they provided, even though I decided to go in a different direction career-wise after that.

Oh yeah, and by the way, Intrada just got my order for this score. Thanks, guys, for bringing such a fun piece of music to the fans. And, needless to say, but I will say it anyway, Alan Silvestri is one of the nicest guys in the industry. It's great to see his unreleased music get the recognition it deserves!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:52 am 
That is a really cool experience, Joe.

The Clan of the Cave Bear and Predator sufficiently shows the kind of wide range Silvestri is capable of being successful with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:38 am 

Ordered. Thanks Intrada.

Can we please have Exorcist III from the Morgan Creek vault next. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:07 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:07 pm 

Just curious, are they shipping yet?

No rush, just personal impatience/anticipation. :mrgreen:

The samples sound great, BTW.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:45 am 

Order Fulfilled. Yay, it's on it's way !!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 pm 

James Coburn was in this!!! :o
was it a sizable part?
bruce

ps who 'shot down' my previous post?

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:37 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next