[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am 

No kidding, crwdfwtx.

This one is up there, IMHO.

Now all I need is Star Trek: TMP Complete and I'll have the best scores of 1979 in complete form.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:59 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:40 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:51 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:10 am 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:32 am 

I think you may be right on the timing, at least looking at the liner notes. The date recorded is there for each cue, and Ilia's Theme was recorded 11/24/79.

Post subject: RUNNING TIME on Disney CDs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:32 am 

Roger, would it be possible to mention the RUNNING TIME of every single track on the future Disney-Releases or is this something Disney doesn't want to show on the booklet for what reason ever?

Thanks a lot in advance!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:01 pm 

I agree that it's most convenient to have cue durations listed on the tray insert. However, the individual titles are relisted along with those playing times on the BLACK HOLE booklet's back cover -- which is the next most convenient thing, so we've still been served well!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:50 pm 

I'm a bit confused by the "staying in digital" bit. Not that it matters in terms of the quality of the result, which is obviously fantastic, but Randy Thornton states in the booklet that the 16-bit, 50 KHz digital original was output via analog and captured at 24-bit, 96 KHz. So there pretty clearly was an analog step, yes? Are we just talking about the fact that there was never analog media to have to deal with? And does this mean the 3M machine has a built-in DAC that handled the job of outputting the signal? Just curious.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:03 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:32 am 

From the notes, it's clear Randy wanted to take the digital data off the tape and work purely in the digital domain.

My booklet isn't with me right now, but from memory there was a device that could do this but the 3M expert said there'd be more pleasing results by using the analogue output.

So, yes, there was an analogue stage in the process. However, it's not like they were using a 30 year old analogue tape. By using the digital recording the sound is as fresh today as it would have been in 1979. No tape hiss due to analogue degradation. Yeah!

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:36 pm 

I still can't believe that I'm holding a complete score of THE BLACK HOLE in my hand!! :shock:

Well I guess wishing upon a star really does work!! :mrgreen:

I had a classic geek-out moment with this disc the other night,
my brother came over, and we sat there with the big-ass speakers on, getting totally lost in the music,
and reminiscing about when took me as a 7 year old, to see the movie,
and we smirked constantly, when a favourite tune of ours came on :mrgreen:

I'd have to rate this as my favourite Intrada release - EVER!,
it was so super-duper high on my Grails list, that it'll be almost impossible to top!! 8)

THANKS, HAMSTERS!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:50 pm 

If you want my favorite : just look at my avatar ! And no Doug there won't be any negociations ! :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:17 pm 

To: Douglas Fake

Please pass on some sincere thanks to Randy Thornton and the gang for going through all the effort to get The BLACK HOLE to us. I read though the booklet and was amazed at all the effort that went into this. I started listening to soundtracks when I was 7. My parents bought me the double LP of Star Wars and I've been a collector and avid listener ever since. The BLACK HOLE was probably the second or third soundtrack I ever owned (on LP, of course) and I've been waiting ever since for the full score to find it's way to us. Thornton has done a wonderful, wonderful thing to finally preserve this score and offer it to us.

Hats off!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next