[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:17 pm 

Last edited by Neil on Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:47 am 

Based on the samples, I really like the new mix.

The original album mix seems so sludgy now. The samples reveal a brightness, aliveness and such additional detail in the music that the album never did. I always liked The Black Hole score of course, but also understood others' reservations. Now I can't help thinking the album mix was a big part of those reservations. Now the music sounds more bright, alive and detailed, it makes it all the more likeable in my opinion.

I just wanna a say a huge thank you to Doug, Roger, Randy Thornton, Disney, etc, for producing what I think is a 'classic' soundtrack. And a dream come true for me.

So I will:

Thank you.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:18 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 am 

Intrada...

Wow! This year has been fantastic... and the 4th quarter is coming. I wonder what is up the sleeves of Doug and Roger (not to mention the hamsters)...

THE BLACK HOLE... I have had the LP since it was released so many years ago (boy, do I feel old right now), loving every minute of it. When the movie was released, my Mom, Grandparents and I went to see it in the theater. Though we all had mixed feelings about the movie, we did agree on a couple of things... great cast... excellent visuals (for it's time) and a great, great score by John Barry.

When listening to the samples for the Intrada release, it brought me back to that evening in 1979 when we went to see the movie. The music is so overpowering. The gold old days of an overture playing before a film starts.

With that said, Intrada has made me feel young again... Thanks to all...

Cannot wait for this and BSG Vol 2 to arrive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:51 am 

The sound clips really do sound magnificent. I can't wait to get this onto the home rig for the full experience. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:27 am 

and now, dear Intrada give us a 5.1 DTS Audio Disc !!
Would be aaaaaaaaaaaaawesoooooooome !! ;) ;)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:24 am 

According to "JB Fan" on the FSM discussion board, the first run of The Black Hole is down to about 100 copies. Not sure what that started from, but it sounds like it's doing good business for our heroes.

Cheers

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:20 pm 

From Oakland to Magalia in one day? That's some kind of record.

Sorry, I'm not trying to gloat, I'm just incredibly excited to listen to it!!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:11 pm 

Erm, I think you ARE trying to gloat. In fact you have SUCCEEDED in gloating :)

Still, I'd gloat if my copy had arrived, so I'm just listening to the samples in the meantime.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:44 am 

Reminds me there is at least *one* advantage to lossless downloads over physical CDs.....

I envy you. Nay, I hate you. (Just kidding.)

Please enjoy for me. I must live the next ten days a Black Hole pauper ... (sniff!)

LOL!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:19 pm 

My order has apparently been fulfilled.

The Black Hole and BSG vol. 2 are heading my way.

Thanks Intrada !!!!

This score is a miracle of a release, especially with the history of the score.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:59 pm 

Just got THE BLACK HOLE and BSG Volume Two today. WOOHOO!

The only thing I can say... AWESOME!

Get them while you can... so worth it...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:57 pm 

So the First batch of THE BLACK HOLE has sold out/ Was that 3,000 Copies? Either way that is a good sign.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:44 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next