[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE BLACK HOLE
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:45 pm 
Yeah, that is definitely not digital clipping. Clipping has a much more pronounced and sharp sound, whereas this is more in the background.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:53 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:25 am 

Sorry guys, for me, that definately a digital clipping !! Well, nothing to harm the guys at Intrada or Disney. I just wanna know. :)
After listening to it a many times, that's no clicking of a fingernail on the harp.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 am 

I ordered this and BSG Vol. 2 on August 23, and I'm still showing "Pending Fulfillment" on my order. I'm also seeing that the first pressing of the Black Hole is sold out. I'm just wondering what I should expect at this point. I've not ordered directly from Intrada enough to know what their typical time between placing and shipping an order is, and I'm very anxious to give the full CD a listen. I'm wearing out the sample clips.

I just found my original "The Black Hole" LP that I haven't listened to in probably 15 or 20 years, and I don't have anything to play it on. I may have to find a turntable so I can listen for comparison between the CD and LP. (I see the LP was produced by John Barry, and engineered by Danny Wallin. I have to wonder why they left some of the recorded elements out of the final mix, like the harp in the main title opening.)

I'm really glad that this title has gotten the full digital treatment. Thanks to all involved in making this happen. I really enjoy being able to hear all the details of the orchestrations of motion picture soundtracks. It seems to me that many soundtracks of the late 70s and early 80s had the most interesting orchestration and subtle detail that often got lost in the analog media of the day, and additionally lost under dialog and sound effects in the movies. It's great to be able to hear them the way the composers/arrangers/orchestrators really intended.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:46 am 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:10 pm 

In listening to the sample clips, I keep coming back to "Durant is Dead" as a definite favorite. I'm really enjoying this track and the detail in the repeating bass/rhythm line. I believe I'm hearing strings (bass cello?), piano and something putting a little twang on each beat. Could this be a soft playing of the blaster beam?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:23 pm 

Finally a demonstration of the Blaster Beam, and by the inventor himself.

Last edited by kc-technerd on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:24 pm 

Yep. The Blaster Beam. It's on the very end of the Overture, as well as the Main and End Titles, from what I remember.

Very distinct, cool sound. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:25 pm 

It arrived. Oh... my... goodness !!!

It sounds INCREDIBLE.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:55 pm 

Still waiting. I'm hoping it'll arrive tomorrow since I received my shipping notice last Thursday. Takes a little time for things to get to the land of pineapples!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 am 

One of the advantages of living across the pond (as I do) is you get to live the heightened anticipation for longer ...

And have the daily excitment of checking it it's arrived yet ...

See, there is a positive side to it!!!

:-)

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:37 am 

I got mine in the mail yesterday and listened to it on the way home last night, and again on the way in to work this morning. Phenomenal is the best word I can use to describe it. The new tracks are amazing and the whole thing sounds just great. I have loved this score since I saw the movie in the theaters when I was a kid, and I still have my original LP, but to finally have it on CD is just fantastic. Thanks Intrada and Disney!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:30 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:33 pm 

As I predicted, I've received my copy today, along with "Battlestar" v2. Both are spectacular releases and "The Black Hole" sounds incredible on my main listening system. The bonus track is a terrific addition! Thanks so much for both of these wonderful releases!

Cheers!
Harry :D

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:20 pm 

The more I listen to this it is really sinking in what a phenomenal job Intrada did with the new mix. Along with the unreleased music, the incredible new sound of the familiar material has just been blowing me away. The last time Intrada rocked my world to this extent was probably ALIEN.

Thanks so much, hamsters.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next