[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - First Knight 2 CD Set - LaLa Land Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: First Knight 2 CD Set - LaLa Land Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:06 pm 

Fantastic news!!! A modern Goldsmith masterpiece is presented in all its glory. A symphonic epic! Can't wait, what a joy this score was and always will be. Still can't get over how Goldsmith pulled these out of the hat even when the films weren't up to much. What on earth would he have done with things like Gladiator and The Kingdom Of Heaven and many more besides?

Post subject: Re: First Knight 2 CD Set - LaLa Land Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:26 pm 

He would have run away from the film music butcher Ridley Scott. And maybe that's what he did ! ^^

Very good news for the gigantic FIRST KNIGHT, they can count me in !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:40 pm 

Quite right, Anakin. I was going to say "write a landmark score for the genre only to see it butchered by Terry Rawlings in the editing suite", but your assessment is probably more accurate!

Still, on a positive note, LaLa's announcement is great news. Can't wait to hear a full representation of this one - especially the variations on the love theme, which I think were sidelined a little by all the thrilling action material.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:22 pm 

Goldsmith's FIRST KNIGHT is a magnificent score for an overlooked, very underrated film; GLADIATOR (like most of the Ridley Scott pictures I've seen) is emphatically overrated. The good thing about the rift between those men is that it spared me the urge to see more of Scott's movies since LEGEND which I've been happy to skip.

The complete (legitimate) FIRST KNIGHT release will offer not just those splendid additional treatments of the love theme but also, I hope, several very brief cues of quite moving beauty.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:11 pm 

Wow! This also means we'll be able to enjoy the rousing stuff for Lancelot (like his first big rescue scene) that Goldsmith inexplicably left out of his album. Whooppeee!!
--Doug

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 pm 

Loved this movie... Yeah, even Richard Gere was ok in it... But, Connery and Ormond were incredible. Plus, Ben Cross was excellent as the villain.

Added to all this... JERRY GOLDSMITH turned in one of his finest. Rousing, majestic... and quite moving... One of his best. Cannot wait for this to be released.

Hey Doug and Roger... What is next by JG from Intrada? :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 pm 

Oh yeah, Lancelot's theme ! :D
I was listening to Timeline yesterday, which has many similar elements. Gorgeous score as well ! Especially in 5.1 ^^

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 pm 

There is app. 25 minutes of first class music not included on the Sony?epic cd.

enjoy! :)

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 am 

YES! One of my most sought after grails is finally getting the release it deserves! Will be getting this most certainly.

Now if only they would release a complete Air Force One,i wold be a very happy camper indeed!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 am 

WHERE'S OBSESSION?!?!?!?!?!?! 8) :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:47 am 

I've been thrashing this since it arrived and was relishing the chance to enjoy this score in its full and fantastic splendour but frustratingly I'm picking up on an odd sound at the beginning of a number of cues. These cues start almost muffled and sound a little out of tune. There is a feeling they are of 'lossy' quality to begin with but the cues settle a few seconds in and sound fine after. Annoyingly my naughty Camelot CD's cues are not affected. So is this a mastering fault or do I have a faulty disc? Listen to Disc 1 cues 2,4,5,6,12,15,18 and 23. The opening of 2 and 23 are the most obvious. I didn't want to nit pick this one at all as overall this is a stunning set but am concerned and hope it is just my set that can be replaced. Please listen and let me know if you hear anything slightly odd sounding at the opening of these cues on your sets.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:13 am 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:42 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:25 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:05 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next