[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Honey, I Blew Up the Kid--Complete?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: Honey, I Blew Up the Kid--Complete?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 pm 

I was just curious whether Intrada's release for this spectacular score was missing anything from the film? I'm not worried if there was, since Doug's album runs perfectly as is. I was just listening to the CD tonight and I can't recall the film as well as I used to, so can anyone assist with this? Something tells me small little segments were likely left off, and for good reasoning--good album experience and/or licensing fees.

Anyway, this is one of my most treasured CDs in my collection, and one of my top 5 Broughton scores of all time.

Post subject: Re: Honey, I Blew Up the Kid--Complete?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:01 am 

Yes, somewhere about seven minutes missing, if you include one extended cue.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm 

This is more James Horner's album than Doug's in that specific case. There are a few cues missing, but nothing we can't live without...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:10 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:30 pm 

Wow ! I must be tired ! ^^
Honey I Blew Up the Kid is a fantastic album, no need for more ! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 pm 

So I did.

Well, something got blew up; that much is certain.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:27 pm 

HONEY, I BLEW UP THE KID was produced during the era when AFM fees applied and there was no "historic rates" policy yet in effect. In other words, it was incredibly expensive to produce albums and labels had to conform to 30-minute discs with additional fees for every 5-minute block of music thereafter. As it was, we were "generous" (or insane) because we purchased two extra blocks of music to create a 40-minute album. Few labels were willing to do that in those days. Plus, after NIGHT CROSSING, this project solidified a relationship with Disney for us that remains to this day. So it was worth the effort.
--Doug

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:41 am 

When can we expect the next Intrada/Disney collaboration?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:37 am 

Seems like at that time (80's and 90's) Disney decided to license what they considered as not potential big sellers to soundtrack labels and published the big ones themselves under their Walt Disney Records banner. Today, major Disney scores become CDs (Tangled, Tron 2) and minor ones become mp3 (Toy Story 3, A Christmas Carol). Strange world we're living in !

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:42 am 

I was wondering if maybe one day Intrada would want to re-release or expand this score, like they've done with the Homeward Bound albums.. if that was ever done I'd love the inclusion of Broughton's "Off His Rockers" which I know by heart of all the times I've seen it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 am 

It would be a great score to revisit, indeed! However, I'm really wanting Broughton's Baby's Day Out to get an official release first. It's long overdue. Perhaps Intrada can shed a little light on the potential for this one? Is something holding it up?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:32 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:36 am 

now this score always makes me wonder... although Mr. Broughton is by far my favorite composer i never really liked this particular score... And i canĀ“t really say why... BUT.. i would buy an expanded release if this could be paired with his music for "Honey I shrunk the Audience"... One of my holy grails: Catchy and light-weight main theme, which has several variations when the audience enters and exit the show... Of course, an album just with his theme park music would be even more appreciated :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:12 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]