[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's WRONGFULLY ACCUSED

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Bill Conti's WRONGFULLY ACCUSED
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:18 pm 

Conti? I'm sooo there! Thanks, Intrada!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:10 pm 

Finally! The only Conti score I cared for and a fantastic Ron Goodwin score in a single batch?!
What a great couple of releases! Can't wait to hear both of them...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:37 pm 

oooohhhh The Fugitive with Kelly LeBrock scored by Conti...kaching...ordered and payed for without hesitation...

How I love Morgan Creek (and Intrada ofcourse) :mrgreen:

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:02 am 

This looks great - movie was pretty funny - this one is ordered!

Thanks Intrada!!!...:-)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:23 pm 

Got this and Magnificent Men in today! Hope to spin both tonight. Thanks, Intrada.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm 

The samples sound awesome... Re-listened to Cohen and Tate as well. Ordered both. Waiting impatiently for them to get here...

Was able to see Bill Conti at the Meyerhoff with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra years ago. He was involved with a concert of television and film music he had scored. The man has energy to spare. What a great concert.

Hope to see more in the near future... Bill Conti is a terrific composer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:39 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:46 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:10 pm 

This score just has me jumping with excitement! Bill Conti too often falls into obscurity with the more less-than-casual listeners. For me, he's one of the few composers who, through the 90's, continued the tradition of employing heavy melody and theme within his work. Meanwhile, he never strayed too far from the beauty and power of an orchestra, especially in a time when synthetic ambience was taking a huge stand in cinema (late 90's). There are moments in WRONGFULLY ACCUSED that are utterly brilliant in their execution. Take the opening cue as an example, Lord of the Violin; the hammering percussion agressively matures against the strings, taking the cue into heights of thrilling aggressiveness. You would never imagine this was a scene in which an actor was parodying the performance, as it was on screen. Even the ending of the cue--around 4:30, where the real parody kicks in--the electric elements are just low enough to allow the percussion of the orchestra to sustain a very intriguing balance of old vs. new. I love when composers blend genres together, or connect classical and contemporary into one single cue. Michael Kamen was especially good at this, i.e. Highlander.

"Afternoon Affair" is probably one of Conti's most beautifully composed cues. It's De Niro or Brando-calibur. Again, it's quite amazing this music is backing a comedy, but like Doug mentions, he plays it so "straight" that it likely makes the film much more effective. I was waiting for James Bond's new lady to pop up while listening to this track (no such luck ;)).

Also, listen to how much is going on instrumentally in "Over the Edge." There's no finer example to utilize when discussing Doug's stance on separating the orchestra in the mastering. This has more separation than a marathon of Judge Judy. It's pulse-pounding, but it also flushes out the brass, the percussion, the strings, etc. very intelligently. I can actually make out the little nuances without having to crank up the sound and damage my hearing. It's a fantastic cue.

I'm glad to finally own this album, and anyone on the fence should really not risk losing the opportunity in owning this incredible Conti score. It has everything one could ask for: elements of parody, action, romance, drama--you name it, it's here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 pm 

I can't wait to receive my copy! I'm so glad others also appreciate this wonderfull composer. Roger and Doug, if you guys ever talk to Bill Conti please tell him he's my all time favorite, and I think he's the best. And thanks again Intrada for this great release.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:37 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:50 pm 

Hi redokt64, I'm glad you enjoy WRONGFULLY ACCUSED and COHEN AND TATE, they're great scores. I very much look forward to more Conti, I can't get enough.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:00 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 pm 

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:29 pm 

So far, I would go -- film wise -- with "The Big Blue".

Television wise, "Dynasty" pilot.

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next