[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Cinematic Sound Radio Show | New Site Launched

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Cinematic Sound Radio Show | New Site Launched
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:43 am 

CINEMATIC SOUND'S NEW WEB PAGE

The NEW Cinematic Sound web page is now on-line. Visit http://www.cinematicsound.net/ to see the new site. In addition to the new look we have uploaded some new programming.

LA LA LAND RECORDS RECENT CD RELEASES

To say thank you to a label that has supported Cinematic Sound since its inception we have decided to dedicate an entire three hour program to some of La La Land Records most recent CD releases. One of the biggest surprises of the year was La La Land’s announcement of the complete release of David Arnold’s 1996 masterpiece, INDEPENDENCE DAY. We will be featuring over 40 minutes of music from La La Land Records’ fantastic two CD set as well as music from DRAGONSLAYER (Alex North), THE FUGITIVE (James Newton Howard), THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE (John Williams). SPEECHLESS (Marc Shaiman), DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS (Miles Goodman) and two scores by Alan Silvestri - DUTCH and ERASER.

THE BEST OF 2009

I know... long overdue but why don't you take a few hours and re-visit some of last years best scores. 2009 was a strong year for new film music. Alexandre Desplat scored six feature films, Michael Giacchino won is first Academy Award for his delightful score to UP, Bear McCreary wrapped up an incredibly successful run on BATTLESTAR GALACTICA with a memorable score for the two part series finale. James Peterson made a name for himself. And Philippe Rombi wrote another wonderful collection of themes for a film about a man and his dog. You’ll be hearing music from all of these fine composers on the program as well as a few surprises... *hint hint* Wonder Women by Chirstopher Drake is awesome!!!

The New FILM MUSIC MIX

SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES | WEEK 1
This week my iPod and iTunes were especially kind to me. They introduced me to a piece that I had never heard before... or at least one that I don’t remember hearing. To others, Henry Mancini’s THE WHITE DAWN, is a film music staple. Probably it’s most memorable use was in 1983’s THE RIGHT STUFF. I first heard this score while shuffling through my Erich Kunzel albums 1before a concert Kunzel was putting on in Toronto with the Toronto Symphony. I have the Kunzel / Mancini album but shamefully I haven’t played it all the way through. That was a big mistake. When THE WHITE DAWN hit my speakers I nearly jumped out of my seat. Where has this piece been all my life. I guess that’s what happens when you have over 64,000 tracks in your collection. A few weeks later a fellow film music fan forwarded me a rare Mancini re-recording that he had remastered from an LP. It was called A Concert of Film Music and contained a lengthy 11 minute suite of music from THE WHITE DAWN. A superb piece and I’ll be featuring it on this weeks program for you.

Browse the new ARCHIVE section featuring tributes to Charles Gerhardt, Elmer Bernstein and Michael Kamen. Read the BLOG and take some time to read through the ABOUT section chronicling the history of the Cinematic Sound radio program.

If you find any bugs or horrible spelling and grammatical errors (especially on the ABOUT page) please let me know.

Also, follow us on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cinematic ... 1726691234

Aaaaaaah... it's good to be back!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

Post subject: Re: Cinematic Sound Radio Show | New Site Launched
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:25 am 

UPDATE: July 16th, 2010

A tribute to Marlon Brando has been added to The Archive section of the web site. This special rebroadcast of our August 14th, 2004 show features three hours of music from films starring Marlon Brando including A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, MUTINY ON THE BOUNTY, THE GODFATHER, SUPERMAN, THE SCORE and more. Visit http://www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

A NOTE CONCERNING THE FILM MUSIC MIX PROGRAM
If you have sampled the new Film Music Mix show you might know about this already. I am opening up the mic to ANYONE who would like to host an hour of film music radio. All you need is a microphone, audio editing software like Audacity (which is free), and a means to upload the program to me (YouSendIt, Megaupload, etc) If you want to get your voice heard then please send me an email at cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea and get recording!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:36 am 

UPDATE: July 23rd, 2010

A Tribute To Jerry Goldsmith has been added to The Archive section of the web site. This rebroadcast of our 75th birthday show features some of the best themes and cues composed by Jerry Goldsmith including THE BLUE MAX, STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE, THE SAND PEBBLES, THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL, THE WIND AND THE LION, THE FINAL CONFLICT, THE MUMMY, THE SWARM and many others. Visit http://www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:39 am 

UPDATE: July 26th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | BRUCE BROUGHTON with guest host Tim Burden

One of the most versatile composers working today, Bruce Broughton has been nominated for an Emmy 20 times winning 10. He was also nominated for the Academy Award in 1985 for his superb score to SILVERADO. Broughton is also an accomplished conductor, his recordings of Miklos Rozsa's IVANHOE and JULIUS CAESAR for Intrada Records, performed by the Sinfonia of London shortly before the composer's death, and Bernard Herrmann's riveting score for JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS have been regarded as some of the finest film music re-recordings of all time. Please join guest host Tim Burden as he presents a very special FILM MUSIC MIX tribute to composer Bruce Broughton.

Visit to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:22 am 

UPDATE: July 29th, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #9

It only took us a year and five months to update our new releases program but it’s well worth the wait. On this episode you will hear music from four new releases including La La Land Records release of Mark Mancina’s energetic score to SPEED 2. Alan Silvestri supplied the big orchestral score to THE A-TEAM featuring one of the best action cues you will hear all year; “Flying A Tank.” James Newton Howard and M. Night Shyamalan teamed up again for the fantasy adventure THE LAST AIRBENDER. And last but not least James Horner supplies a big, emotional symphonic score to the remake of THE KARATE KID.

Visit http://www.cinematicsound.net to hear the show.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:27 pm 

UPDATE: August 4th, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #10

The new releases just keep on coming. On this episode you will hear music from five new releases including John Debney’s adrenaline pumping score to PREDATORS featuring Alan Silvestri’s legendary theme. Theodore Shapiro provides a zany score to the Steve Carell/Paul Rudd comedy DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS. You will also hear selections from La La Land Records expanded edition of Jerry Goldsmith’s 1997 score to THE EDGE, Hans Zimmer's fascinating score to the box office smash INCEPTION and a few tracks from the atomic bomb documentary COUNTDOWN TO ZERO with original score by Peter Golub.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:41 am 

The PREDATOR release of this fine label here brought me back to the soundtrack boards and I'm glad I found your thread here, Erik. I have updated the link to your site on my blog and hopefully get to listen to your good stuff - all the best!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:45 pm 

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:43 pm 

UPDATE: August 7th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES WEEK 2

We open up our second edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES with music from a fantastic CD called SYMPHONIC SHADES featuring video game music composed by Chris Huelsbeck. Huelsbeck is a household name among video game music aficionados. His music written during the 8-bit age of the Commodore 64 and Amega is legendary. On August 23, 2008 the WDR Radio Orchestra of Cologne and the FILMharmonic Choir of Prague performed various pieces of Huelsbeck’s work the way it had never been heard before. A subsequent CD of that performance was released and we will be featuring selections from that album on the program for you. You will also hear music from Sam Cardon’s ZION CANYON: TREASURE OF THE GODS, Alexander Courage’s SUPERMAN IV, James Horner’s soaring score written for the aerobatic stunt team THE HORSEMEN, Sinsuke Kazato’s main theme from ULTRAMAN: GREAT and BT’s love theme from MONSTER.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:52 am 

UPDATE: August 13th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | FOREIGN FILM MUSIC PART I
Guest Host: Tim Burden

Guest host Tim Burden is back with another fascinating FILM MUSIC MIX special. This time he explores music from foreign films featuring European born composers Philippe Rombi, Angel Illarramendi, Wojciech Kilar, Olivier Llibourtry and Vladimir Cosma. You will hear selections from UNE HOMME ET SON CHIEN, ANGEL, JOYEUX NOEL, TIEMPO DE TORMENTA TERESA EL CUERPO DE CRISTO, BRAM STOKER’S DRACULA, FANTOME AVEC CHAUFFEUR, MARIE DE NAZARETH, LE JAGUAR and many more.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 am 

UPDATE: August 30th, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES WEEK 3

Our third edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES features every thing from Golden Age love themes to epic battle music. We open up the program with an obscure Lee Holdridge score for the 1996 sci-fi film STAR COMMAND. You’ll also hear music from the cowboy/vampire film SUNDOWN featuring a rousing main title theme by Richard Stone. Pianist Michael Chertock performs a medley from John Williams’ E.T. THE EXTRA-TERRESTRIAL. We will also present a hidden gem from an album called FAREWELL MY CONCUBINE: GREAT FILM THEMES FROM MODERN CHINESE CINEMA as we feature the heartbreaking main title cue from the spectacular score to THE OSMANTHUS ALLEY composed by Chen Yang. That’s only a small sampling of what you will hear on this eclectic edition of SHUFFLING THROUGH iTUNES.

If you are interested in producing your own one hour soundtrack radio program please send an email to cinematicsound (at) yahoo (dot) com with your show idea.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am 

UPDATE: September 1st, 2010

THIS JUST IN! | SHOW #11

THE EXPENDABLES, Sylvester Stallone’s old-school action picture starring some of the greatest action stars of all time, features a generic yet highly enjoyable score from composer Brian Tyler. We open up the program with selections from that album. Also on tap is music from the gorefest PIRANHA 3-D featuring an incredibly noisy score by Michael Wandmacher. Christopher Lennertz has surprisingly found some success with his collaboration with director’s Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (MEET THE SPARTANS, EPIC MOVIE) and has giving their latest spoof film, VAMPIRES SUCK, another excellent score. We will end the show off with James Newton Howard’s sizzling score to the action film SALT.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:27 pm 

UPDATE: September 3rd, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | GOLDEN AGE SCORES
with guest host TOM KIEFNER from FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART
http://sdtom.wordpress.com

On this edition of FILM MUSIC MIX guest host Tom Kiefner from the film music blog, FILM MUSIC: THE NEGLECTED ART, will take us on a journey through the wonderful sounds of Hollywood’s Golden Age. You will hear music by Bernard Herrmann from the film HANGOVER SQUARE featuring the Concert Macabre. You’ll also hear a couple of selections from THE BEST YEARS OF OUR LIVES by Hugo Friedhofer (Tom’s favorite score) and a spectacular suite from HORROR OF DRAULA by James Bernard. Afterwards, enjoy the Americana sounds of Aaron Copland with THE RED PONY and finish off with the tune that got Tom into film music; the up tempo theme from PETER GUNN by Henry Mancini.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:55 am 

UPDATE: November 5, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | FOREIGN FILM MUSIC PART II
Guest Host: Tim Burden

Guest host Tim Burden returns with another fascinating FILM MUSIC MIX special. Tim continues to explore the music from foreign films this time featuring French composers Frederic Talgorn and Georges Delerue. The Talgorn section of the show will feature music from such fine scores as ASTERIX AUX JEUX OLYMPIQUES (Editors Note -- One of my favorite scores in the past few years), PRESIDENT, RED NEEDLES, THE TEMP, TROUBLE AT TEMPETILL, MOLIERE, TELLEMENT PROCHES and five selections from Talgorn’s contributions to the KPM and DE WOLFE PRODUCTIONS music libraries. The Delerue section will feature music from just one score, JOE VS. THE VOLCANO.

Editors Note -- I would like to dedicate this show to Tim’s father, John H. Burden, who passed away this week.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:21 pm 

UPDATE: November 12, 2010

FILM MUSIC MIX | OBSCURE SCORES
Guest Host: Robert Daniels from VISIONS IN SOUND heard on FM 98.5 CKRW
http://www.ckwr.com

Introduction by Robert Daniels:
As a film music collector as well as a radio host I love to search record stores and CD shops for the most unusual scores I can find. Sometimes you find them in not just music stores either but in the oddest places. Some scores I didn’t even know got an official release. Join me on this journey of obscure scores. On this show you’ll hear music from L’Apocalypse Des Animaux (Vangelis), The Calling (Christopher Franke), Piranha 2 – The Spawning (Stelvio Cipirani), Dragon and the Hawk (Guy Bianchini), Bingo (Richard Gibbs), Bubble Boy (John Ottman), Let Him Have It (Michael Kamen/Edward Shearmur), All Hat (Bill Frisell), Command & Conquer – Red Alert (Frank Klapacki), and Shoot Loud, Louder…I Don’t Understand. (Nino Rota)

This show also marks the premiere of our new flash audio player. Please let me know if you are experiencing any difficulties with the new player.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next