[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The official favorite LP/CD cover art thread

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The official favorite LP cover art thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:00 pm 

Three of many French film score recordings with poster/cover art by Rene Ferracci. His signature is usually found on the bottom right corner of the jacket. The LPs bearing his artwork are often immediately recognizable.

The Tragedy Of A Ridiculous Man

Le Trio Infernal

Providence

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:06 pm 

Here's one of my personal favorites. Not the best cover scan but it's the best I can do with the camera I'm working with.

The sound quality of this stereo Mainstream LP is amazing. Would love to see this artwork on an Intrada disc.

King Rat - John Barry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:19 am 

Bonanza; Ponderosa Party Time

Pop culture historians and psychologists will study the television series Bonanza from their reseach station on Mars one of these days, I know it.

What I've noticed by watching a few reruns, whenever one of the Cartwright boys gets involved with a women, it ends in heartbreak or tragedy...

"Hoss" is the biggest sucker of the family, usually played for a chump by a saloon whore or conniving gold digger.

"Little Joe" always goes for the older woman/mother image who turns out to be a gold digger or saloon whore, usually winds up getting his ass kicked bad in a fight with her gigolo or pimp.

Adam Cartwright on the other hand is smart enough to see through the ones on the make and finds someone nice, decent and sincere, she usually dies tragically of some disease or gets kicked in the head by a horse and lingers on a deathbed for the last half hour.

Old man Cartwright is as pathetic as his sons when it comes to women and always realizes in the end that it just wasn't meant to be.

The Chinese housekeeper, Hop Sing is a total idiot, as far as I've noticed doesn't have any interest in women and may possibly be queer. He keeps the boys in line and seems to be somewhat of a peculiar mother figure around the Ponderosa.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:10 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:10 pm 

Varese Sarabande ruined the CD reissue of Mad Max by including a photo of Mel Gibson on the front cover. If Intrada corrected it and issued this score again it would be a quick sellout for sure.

Pre-Internet I called Varese Sarabande and asked if I could place a order on some vinyl recordings. Someone said sure, stop by, which I did. I walked into this little store front on Saticoy street, had a hell of a time finding the place without Mapquest back in the day. When I walked in, Chris Kuchler, was working on the cover design for Mad Max. A huge sheet of the artwork was on an easel and he was attaching the lettering getting it all good to go.

I still have the list of upcoming LPs the guy scribbed on the back on a Citadel records mail order form and signed "paid". I slipped it inside the jacket of my Mad Max LP. Over the next several months I recieved the LPs one by one as they were released. Maniac, The Day Time Ended, Mad Max and some others.

I like to think I may possibly be the first person to have ever placed a pre-order with Varese Sarabande. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:22 am 

The Western Film World Of Dimitri Tiomkin

Post subject: Re: My favorite LP cover
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:26 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:21 pm 

I don't have a lot of actual LPs, but a number of CDs I've gotten from Japan not only feature the original LP art, but also come in cardboard mini-LP sleeves. So much classier than jewel cases!

Here are a few of my favorites:

The Thomas Crown Affair (Michel Legrand) — Probably cost me twice as much as either the Varèse or Ryko releases would have, but I thought the art on both of those was so crappy that I consider it money well spent!

Ogon no Inu (Yuji Ohno) — A great funky/jazzy score by one of my favorite Japanese composers.

Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (Yuji Ohno) — Another great score from Ohno, this time for the feature film debut of Hayao Miyazaki.

Jaga wa Hashitta (Masahiko Sato) — An excellent dark jazzy score from a 1970 Japanese film. It would feel right at home alongside the crime scores of Lalo Schifrin and Don Ellis.

Post subject: Re: The official favorite LP/CD cover art thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:34 pm 

@Squiddybop; Those look great. I just updated the thread title to favorite LP/CD cover art.

Not a film score recording but a great cover to a Bob Crosby LP I recently purchased...

Bob Crosby's Bobcats

A 1957 jazz LP from composer Jerry Fielding...

Fielding's Formula

A 1957 classic from Neal (Batman Theme) Hefti on the Coral label...

A Salute To The Instruments

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:34 am 

The absolute most beautiful piece of my collection :

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:35 am 

Great thread! Keep 'em coming!

The composition and execution of this one make it my absolute favorite. Just beautiful.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm 

More Than You Can Stand In Stereo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:01 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next