[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The official favorite LP/CD cover art thread

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The official favorite LP cover art thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:22 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:52 pm 

Essential Oils Of The Mediterranean

The score to a documentary film produced by a perfume company, released in the United States in 1960 and limited to 1000 copies with no composer credited.

I wonder if there's any possibility of identifying the composer?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:50 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 pm 

First pressing dating from the late 1950's of a soundtrack recording for Walt Disney's Song Of The South.

It was always a treat to come across something like this in a junkstore bin. This one sold for 50 American cents, I remember finding some Shorty Rogers on RCA along with this.

I've seen this LP sell for well over $100.00 dollars on Ebay. This copy you'll have to pry from my cold dead hands. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:54 pm 

The original vinyl pressing of Ron Goodwin's Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines, autographed by the great film director Ken Annakin (RIP). I was sort of nervous that day while asking him to scribble his name on this cover, what happened is, he autographed this LP to my brother and The Battle Of The Bulge LP, which belongs to my brother to me, as I had brought along both recordings to be signed.. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:13 pm 

This one is a sort of screwball classic from Forest Ackerman's Famous Monsters Of Movieland magazine. My older brothers subscibed to the magazine years ago and eventually handed the well worn copies over to me along with this LP. Having went through hell, scratched and damaged beyond use, that copy of the record is long gone, just a memory. A few years ago I found another in nice condition. Love the cover art. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:51 pm 

This is almost beyond words. A 1958 LP of actor Robert Mitchum singing Calypso songs. It's another junk store found curio.

The thing about internet techology is the ability to locate others worldwide who also own a copy of this. Sort of an elite group of screwballs. Once isolated with our peculiarity, the world wide web has enabled us to find one other. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:43 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:49 pm 

Aside from being a great recording on the Motown label with a really slick, funky score by David Shire and a couple of great songs performed by Billy Preston, what I like about this 1979 LP is the embossed basketball on the cover. The bumps can actually be felt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:54 am 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:09 pm 

I have always thought that the original THE THING LP art was starkly beautiful.

SH

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:42 pm 

Wow. Very nice. :!:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:00 pm 

Danger - Tony Mottola

Music from an early television program and as far as I know, the first ever television soundtrack. It's a strange recording. Tony Mottola guitar and wordless vocals by the Ray Charles singers. Not Ray Charles the blind guy, this Ray Charles was a skinny white dude who wore horn rimmed glasses. Six tracks, each track representing a specific episode, one of which regards a young girl who trains a pet ferret to attack and kill her much despised aunt Louise. :lol:

Recorded in 1950 and never released on compact disc. I'd like to know who the actress is on the cover.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:24 pm 

GOLDFINGER and THUNDERBALL are my two favourite LP covers.

Cheers

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next