[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The official favorite LP/CD cover art thread

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: The official favorite LP/CD cover art thread
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:33 pm 

The 1965 British pressing of The Ipcress File, with a thin laminated jacket and different cover art than the US release the same year. The scan is of my own personal copy. Haven't seen another reproduced on the internet.

Vinyl at its finest...

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My favorite LP cover
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:12 pm 

If you go to the Harry Palmer movie website, a copy of the album cover and others is reproduced. Also, if you scroll down, you will find several quotes from my interview with Sir Richard Rodney Bennett on his score for BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN.

http://keesstam.tripod.com/sound.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:58 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:49 am 

Mmmmmm.... good question. You can email Kees Stam and ask him. The album information he provides does not say if the recording is in mono or stereo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:50 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:21 pm 

This one's a hoot...

(My digital camera scan is a bit blurred through)

I hate when people try to discard LPs as being obsolete. Bullshit. Those in the know realize that's not the case. I have spent many hours scouring the darkest corners of this sick world, the back alley junk stores and second hand music shops from here to Pico Blvd. accumulating several thousand vinyl recordings. To me, they are more cherished now than ever.

Haven't had a chance to spin any vinyl lately due to personal circumstances. Everything is stored away in King Tut's tomb.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:10 pm 

No composer credited on this recording. One side is music and narration from the 15 minute documentary, flip side is the score only. I'd love to know who the composer is. Almost certain Shelley Manne is the guy on drums.

I'm guessing this recording was given away with the purchase of stainless steel products back in day...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:01 pm 

One of my favorites - United Artists' U.S. LP cover for YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - late 60's quintessential Connery/Bond cover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:13 am 

try to beat this one:

and the back cover is a colorful show too

and now compare to the poor Varese CD release ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:53 am 

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:02 am 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 pm 

I once answered a classified ad in the Los Angeles Times from a person selling soundtrack recordings for $5.00 each. This is one of the recordings I bought that night.

The only other scan available on the internet of this particular cover is located on a Japanese Jerry Goldsmith site. The interesting thing is, his copy has nearly identical water damage leading me to believe that sometime in the past both LPs must have been back to back.

Post subject: Re: The official favorite LP cover art thread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:03 pm 

This is another one of the absolute best. The 1958 USA Capital LP of Elmer Bernstein's music for Kings Go Forth.

Scrounging around every flea infested flea market from here to Timbuktu in search of recordings (especially obscure soundtracks), it was a happy day when I located this, along with the Capitol LP of Some Came Running, both in pristine condition. Supposedly valued at the time at over $100.00 dollars each, I felt like giving old Fat Joe a damn hug when he tossed 'em both in his bin for 50 cents and $1.00 US currency. :shock:

Rest In Peace, Tony Curtis... Frank and Natalie too for that matter.

Post subject: Re: The official favorite LP cover art thread
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:12 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next