[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Are there any Randy Edelman fans here?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Are there any Randy Edelman fans here?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:37 am 

Is there anyone here that listens to and enjoys Randy Edelman? I have always enjoyed his scores to The Indian in the Cupboard, Dragonheart, XXX, Shanghai Noon, Angels In The Outfield, The Mask and especially Gettysburg. On a used CD/record store excursion a few weeks ago, I found Son Of The Mask, a CD I refused to pay full price for due to only having 3 cues and no cue lengths listed. Well, when I found it mint, I decided to try it and it was only .69! Putting it in to listen to it, I found out that those 3 cues were actually 24 minutes of pure Edelman!!!

With The Last Of The Mohicans, Trevor Jones and Edelman were both involved and I would like to know if someone has it broken down to which tracks were done by each composer.

Post subject: Re: Are there any Randy Edelman fans here?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:12 am 

I am a fan of Mr. Edelman so count me in on those who like his scores.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:10 am 

I'm not a huge fan, but I DO think that the first track on THE DISTINGUISHED GENTLEMAN is his BEST piece, and one of the coolest pieces of music EVER!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm 

I don't have many scores of his, but I enjoy them a lot:
Dragonheart
Dragon-- The Bruce Lee Story
Shanghai Noon
Daylight
The Quest
The Mummy-- Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Plus the collaborative efforts:
The Last of the Mohicans
Gods and Generals

And let's not forget his great themes for
McGyver
Brisco County, Jr

He's good at writing cool, catchy and even beautiful themes (McGyver, Brisco County, Dragon, Dragonheart, Daylight).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 pm 

I'm a big fan of his, and feel that Angels in the Outfield (think the 'Main Title') is one of the most inspired scores ever (in parts). Also, I really adore his love theme in Anaconda ('Seduction').

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 pm 

I forgot about The Distinguished Gentleman, Dragon-The Bruce Lee Story, Daylight and The Quest. I will have to find those CDs, I wonder where I filed them. I do not have The Mummy-Tomb of the Dragon Emperor yet!

I didn't even realize he did the themes to McGyver and Brisco County, Jr! Will have to check into them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:09 am 

Yes, guilty. Would love to have "Quick Change" eventually...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:37 am 
I would love to see Intrada release the score to Down Periscope (1996).

:D

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:00 am 

There's a soundtrack I'd love to see Intrada release. Brisco County Jr.!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:49 am 

Also enjoy lots of his music.
Dont forget Kindergarten Cop. And one that I like a lot is Balls of Fury.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:55 am 

Just seen Leap Year and thought that the music during the Main Titles was not sounding like his "sound"/"style" but the rest sounded just like him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:32 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:40 pm 

The main problem with guys like Edelman, David Newman, Shapiro, etc. is that, unlike someone like Debney, they haven't branched out into other genres enough to build their shoulders broadly, if you will. I think Edelman, even with his distinctive, percussive style, could do drama very well, for instance, and I wish he took on more challenges like that (if they were/are indeed offered to him). They sort of pigeon hole themselves and leave their imaginations floating in the kiddy pool way too often. Christopher Young has done a fine job removing himself from strictly horror, as example.

Now, I love David Newman, and he has done drama at times -- successfully -- but I wish he'd choose his modern projects a little wiser. Edelman, the same. Then again, I can understand the difficulty these guys have, at times, to keep constant work accumulating on their resumes, so with that, surely they must do what they have to do. We all do -- right?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:57 pm 

I play DAYLIGHT often so it's probably my favorite. DRAGONHEART comes a close second.
--Doug

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next