[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Are there any Randy Edelman fans here?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Are there any Randy Edelman fans here?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:22 pm 

Location: Lynchburg, VA, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way, If you can't find me by now you are hopelessly lost
Mr. Fake! Are there any LE Edelmans in the works? Or any that you are interested in doing?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:34 am 

I'm not a big Edelman fan but I do love DragonHeart. Moves me to tears in the film, which I believe is also underrated. The use of humming choir at the end is original and inspired.

It is also in serious need of a complete, and more importantly, chronological release. The existing album severely disrupts the development of the music in the film. It presents the finale in edited form early on, and then repeats it again at the end of the program! Now don't get me wrong; it's a great cue! But hearing it twice in the same listening sequence really ruins its impact. And not only are all the other tracks completely out of order, but cues from different ends of the film are spliced together in some cases so that there is no way to even attempt a chronological edit. There's no way to get a sense of the story from listening to the album, and there are even some highlight cues missing (though one is in the end credits which is why there is a minimally expanded bootleg out there).

So if Intrada is looking for any modern UMG titles in urgent need of expansion, I'd say this one (along with Poledouris's superb Hunt for Red October) is at the front of the list, and would be a great seller for them due to the popularity of the score -- in fact I'd recommend an unlimited release if they can swing it (perhaps the fact that the best selling original album is still in print warrants a LaLaLand/Batman treatment of 5000 copies or so).

Yavar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:56 am 

I'm probably the only person in the world who wants V.I. Warshawski on CD, but I'd like to think there might be 999 more people out there - that main theme and the variations are infectious, and my suite combined from the main and end titles of the DVD just won't cover it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 am 

I'm a big Edelman fan! Furthermore, I'd love to get him to sign one of my CD covers. If anyone knows how to contact him (or his agent), please PM me!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:32 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:30 am 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm 

No one has mentioned The Indian in the Cupboard except for me.
This was one of my first Edelman scores, right after Angels In The Outfield.
It is like a new age Delerue!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2023 7:40 am 

Just a quick update. Down Periscope is currently free to watch on Youtube. There's about 24 selections that are in the film. Also Mark McKenzie composed additional music as well. I say about 45-50 minutes of score heard in the film.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:00 am 

My favorite Randy Edelman score is CITIZEN X (1995), which has not yet been mentioned in this thread. The Varese album is a terrific listening experience, though I don't recall how much material might be missing and would welcome any new release that shines more of a spotlight on this score.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:33 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:41 am 

Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story, Gettysburg, The Distinguished Gentleman, The Chipmunk Adventure, Feds, xXx and Diabolique... Ghostbusters II, etc....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 3:41 pm 

Would buy any Edelman release.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2