[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE DEEP

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces John Barry's THE DEEP
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am 

I didn´t remember the music to be that good as the Deep was after listening through it two times (got it today)
A great release and thanx for going that extra mile to give us that wonderful CD 2 too with the Donna Summer song (I love those funky 70´s songs)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 pm 

My copy arrived today - I'm in the UK so very pleased. (Normally takes a nudge longer.)

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:56 pm 

The original score on disc one is great. Listened to disc two last night. Haven't listened to the LP for quite some time so it was interesting to hear it anew on CD. Have to say I prefer the original tracks over the 24 minute suite from the Cassablanca LP.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 am 

Yes, disc 1 is a revelation. Even if you know the film inside out, to hear all that beauty, menace and subtlety separated from sound effects reveals some real gems.

Once again, I am so pleased and grateful to Intrada.

I would like to know more about the tape and the recorded dates, however. I tell you why I ask. It seems that the tape used is clearly the complete score as originally intended, including some beautiful things I think I've never heard before (i.e. unused).

Brilliant!

However there are clearly a couple of cue revisions that must have been recorded later. As well as the final version of the End Title, which we discussed, I've noticed that the film version of "Shark Bait" is different too. (Which was clued-in by the title "Shark Bait (original version)" on the disk!). (Skip to 2:25 of the attached clip.)

(My guess is Barry was asked to re-score that one to give it more bite.)

So, there is an element of remaining mystery about when the revisions were recorded and what happened to them (surely lost, given there were no other master elements), but, hey, a little residual mystery is cool.

Anyway, this CD gives us SO MUCH and I'm still loving it!! And I'm still loving Intrada for doing it.

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:25 am 

Congratulations Intrada.
An awesome release.
Alex :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:34 pm 

Am I the only one who can't get to disc 2 without removing the entire inner section out of the jewel case? Now, it's got a slight crack on the holder as it took some finger power to pry it out! Other than that, it sounds great.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:13 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:58 pm 

When I first saw this title announced, I thought, "oh, good, a title I have no interest in, I'll finally save some money". Especially when I saw that the complete score was only in mono. No way could I enjoy listening to a score in mono. Plus, I've never even seen the movie. But then as I read through the various posts discussing the score, I became interested, so I started listening to the sample clips. I liked the clips so much that I ordered it. Now that I have the CD, when I listen to it, I completely forget that what I'm listening to is in mono, all I hear is beautiful MUSIC! I'm so glad I discovered this score. The Black Hole was always my favorite John Barry score, but now this one is. Thanks, Intrada, for releasing this score.

However, I do feel the need to make the comment, "What were they thinking?" regarding the Theme (with or without Donna Summer). To me, it feels completely out of place with the sonic character of the rest of the score. Especially when you're listening to Final Dive / Final Eel Attack; End Credits. When the End Credits start, it's like, "this sure sounds silly in comparison." Just my own personal observation, anyway. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:09 pm 

Less than 20 copies remaining at Intrada, folks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:20 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:19 pm 

Can you please tell me who has written the liner notes?
Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm 

Julie Kirgo did the notes, with tech talk (I LOVE that, don't stop Doug!)
from Dr. Fake.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:14 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next