[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:53 pm 

Purchased a sealed Japanese CD of Angelo Badalamenti's "The Straight Story" for ten dollars. I've had the US release for a few years, love the film and score. The Japanese release carries a different cover design and I couldn't resist upgrading. To me it's a thing of beauty, an all around work of art.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm 

Avalon (Randy Newman)

George Delerue (Nonesuch label)

Giulietta Degri Spiriti (Nino Rota) :shock:
Mainstream LP long a favorite

The Lover (Gabriel Yared)

Betty Blue (Gabriel Yared)
LP long a favorite

Mr. And Mrs. Bridge (Richard Robbins)

Fellini's Movie Songs (Katyna Ranieri/Nino Rota)

Film Fantasy (Bernard Herrmann) :shock:
Reissue of Phase 4 LP The Fantasy Film World Of Bernard Herrmann. Longtime favorite.

Showdown! (Albert Collins/Robert Cray/Johnny Copeland)

$2.00 each!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:06 pm 

The Leopard Son - Stewart Copeland ($5.00)
Roommates - Elmer Bernstein ($5.00)
Rookie Of The Year - Bill Conti ($5.00)
The Echo Of Thunder - Laurence Rosenthal ($7.00)

Very Happy to find the Rosenthal/Intrada disc! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:27 pm 

Trying to think of a better heading for this thread so as not to give the impression it's intended as exclusive to the stuff I find while digging through piles of discarded and donated CDs and vinyl wherever I might be at any given time. The only thing I can think of is "Culture On A Dime" so I'll just leave it as is...

Patton (Goldsmith Conducts Goldsmith) Varese Sarabande ($2.00)

Hollywood Nightmares (Hollywood Bowl Orchestra/John Mauceri) ($2.00)

Contact From The Underworld Of Redboy (Robbie Robertson) ($2.00)

The Johnny Otis Show Live At Monterey ($2.00)
This one goes for $29.94 on up to $302.50 at Amazon. I'm sure the $302.50 seller is out of his fuckin' mind but that's just my opinion.

This next one is peculiar. A hard copy of a score that according to the info on the internet and composers website is available as a download only...

Espion(s) Cliff Martinez ($2.00) Manufactured in the EU, factory sealed, mini LP gatefold jacket, without bar code. I'm wondering what the story on this disc might be...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am 

Darling Lili (Henry Mancini) RCA CD produced in Spain,$2.00. Big time hip on Mancini recordings so this one was a nice find although those crazy Japanese did a much better job with this next one...

Two For The Road (Henry Mancini) Japan pressed RCA CD with the original front/back LP cover artwork. A very nice, well produced disc with excellent audio. It's like living a classic Mancini recording all over again, $2.00.

The Hindenburg (David Shire) Intrada Special Collection 40. Missed it when it was released, found a copy in mint condition at a thrift shop for... you ready for this... $3.00! :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:38 pm 

El cheepo bootleg of the Paul Smith score for 20000 Leagues Under The Sea for $1.00

I have the Intrada disc. Bought the el cheepo just because it looks so fuckin' weird...

Fluke (Carlo Siliotto) $8.00

Composer promo of Shadow Hours (Brian Tyler) $5.00

Composer promo of Apt Pupil (John Ottman) $5.00

Composer promo of Bound (Don Davis) $5.00

This one was a real treat. I've been hoping to come across a copy at a reasonable price since getting a hard on watching the film on cable television in Central Florida circe 2005. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:27 pm 

Okay...

The FYC disc of The Incredibles (Michael Giacchino) $2.00

The FYC disc of The Village (James Newton Howard) $2.00

El cheepo composer promo of a made for cable television film Judgement Day; The Ellie Nesler Story scored by William Richter, who according to his IMDB credits is a guy who specializes in stuff like those cable TV documentaries about people being mauled by Grizzy Bears during an unfortunate camp outing. ($1.00)

Two LP set of Old Fool Back On Earth, autographed and inscribed in French by the composer Michel Colombier. ($1.99)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:07 pm 

Are the contents of the The Incredibles FYC CD the same as the OST CD or does it have different tracks?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:34 pm 

No, near complete.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:11 am 

Surely there's a common interest/excitement in finding "hard-to-find" or "rare" movies out there, right?

7 FACES OF DR. LAO (1964) - approximately $6 (I say this because it was part cash + credit). I know it's dropped in value, but when I got it, it was going for $30-40 easily.

ONLY THE LONELY (1991) - $2 at a thrift. It was going for $35+. Not so much anymore.

REMO WILLIAMS (1985) - $2 at a pawn. It's still going for $20-35/40!!

Just thought I'd add to the excitement! :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am 

Okay, everyone, one more addition to my last post:

CHERRY 2000 (198?) - $5. I put ? because I've seen different places put 1985, 1986, or 1987, since it was made over in Europe and the release over here, etc, etc.

Anyway, this title isn't too valuable, but I thought I'd add it to my list with REMO, since BOTH were released last year by the great INTRADA!! I just find it interesting/funny, as some do, that I'll do things backwards sometimes: I'll have a hunch that I will like a soundtrack score just by the title, then take a chance and buy it without even seeing the movie yet. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:05 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:06 pm 

I stand corrected. One point deduction from my Interwebs Card.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:06 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:13 pm 

If anybody wants to pay shipping and packaging and item price, there is a local CD store advertising a 50% off clearance sale. They have CD's and DVD's. I haven't been there in a long time, but I recall is fairly decent size section of film scores, with mostly Varese titles.

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next