[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:46 am 

A sealed LP of the soundtrack to an Industrial film, Race For The Wire, composed and conducted my Marion Evans. Both sides are intentical in content. The film looks like one of those weird and stupid 20 minute documentaries they used to project on 16mm in school and concerns the production of aluminum steel cables. Interesting the way a top and talented composer could be commisioned to create music for such a small budgeted film back in the day. How much would it cost now, 30 or 40 brazillion?

I notice someone uploaded the entire LP online on some website if anyone is interested in checking it out. I like stuff like this. I have other industrial film soundtracks, sometimes the composer goes uncredited.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 12:54 pm 

I bought two more of these, both factory sealed, no bar code and no info on the internet other than the availability of a download of the score. Emailed someone at the composers website and didn't recieve a response. Made in the EU, mini LP tri-fold cover. With another I bought a few months ago I now have three copies.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 6:10 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:10 pm 

Off hand...

1970 Japanese vinyl pressing of Henry Mancini's "Never Give An Inch", released in the US as "Sometimes A Great Notion", $6.00.

Composer promo of "The Alarmist" (Christophe Beck) $2.00.

Composer promo of "Purgatory" (Brad Fiedel) $2.00

2 CD For Your Consideration promo release for "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" (Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross) $1.00.

Some other stuff, these four come to mind. The Mancini vinyl I'm happy about. The US Decca LP is easy to come across, this pressing I've never seen before and the only info online about the recording is what I've posted on a discography.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:00 pm 

For $2.00 each...

The Sound Of Speed (Bob Thompson)
Kirby Allen Presents; Chaino, New Sounds In Rock And Roll! - Jungle Rock (Chaino)

Both discs are on Dionysus Records, 2003

Checked out Amazon, both recordings are available for a fair price. Kirby Allen, producer of all of the Chaino LPs from the 1950's posted a review of the recording in 2003. The guy died at age 83 in a house fire in Mesa, Arizona a year ago last month. RIP Kirby Allen.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:47 pm 

Went to a junkstore last night and poked around a pile of CDs, nothing but a pile of junk imo, broken, scratched jewel cases, Lady KaKa, a Death Row records Rap compilation... just a bunch of junk... Until I found a sealed promo CD from Greenspan Kohan Management, The Film Music Of Joe Hisaishi. Absolutely no info whatsoever online about the recording, not even at the Greenspan Kohan website. My guess it that it was manufactured and distributed in order to promote Joe Hisaishi's film music in the USA. Anyway, a nice surprise and I almost missed it amongst all the clutter. The deal at this place is buy on CD for $2.99 and get a second one free, for the freeby I chose The Country Side Of Jim Nabors, horrible!

At the beach earlier this morning and noticed a few LPs against a trash can, flipped through them and found a nice vinyl pressing on Atlantic Records of Ornette Coleman's, The Shape Of Jazz To Come and 24 Songs Of Charles Ives (Helen Boatwright and John Kirkpatrick) released on the Overtone label in 1954.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:00 am 

National Geographic's, Heroes Of The High Frontier (James Wesley Stemple)

Composer promo of music from the documentary, Heroes Of The High Frontier. This is a really good recording, sparce (about 20 minutes or so), performed by a small orchestra. A composer I've never heard of before.

Edit; The guy has a website, glad to see he's cool and has class and not just another moron playing around with artificial/simulated orchestral sound...

http://www.jamesstemple.com

Film Music (Steve Edwards)

Composer compilation promo with tracks from a number of oddball films, Bloodsport 2, True Vengence... Haven't listened to any of it yet. Never heard of the guy, he has over 80 film credits on the IMDB.

$2.00 each

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:03 am 

Any "The Patriot" on thet Edwards promo?

Stemple is one of the many talented composers on "Batman: The Animated Series", though his input was very small.
http://www.btasscores.150m.com

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:31 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:54 am 

Found an old school hampsters for $5.00; Frank And Jesse (Mark McKenzie)

Finally bought a copy of Cape Fear CD (Herrmann/Bernstein) for $5.00. Searched for an LP when the film was released, never found one. That was when I refused to have anything to do with those damn CDs. :lol:

Music Of The Serials; James King conducting the CinemaSound Orchestra

This is great, and sounds great. It's the original issue of a recording later reissued by Varese Sarabande as "Cliffhangers!" I've owned an LP of James King's Music Of Republic for awhile so this disc was a welcome find for $3.00.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:51 pm 

Okay...

Blue Thunder (Arthur B. Rubenstein) composer promo/factory sealed ($10.00)

And each of these for either $2.00 or $3.00 each...

It's A Wonderful Life/Miracle On 34th Street/A Christmas Carol (David Newman conducting) Telarc

Anthony Adverse (Korngold conducted by John Scott) Varese Sarabande

Shogun Mayada (John Scott) Intrada

Hemingway's Adventures Of A Young Man (Franz Waxman) Label X (An absolute favorite LP of mine for years)

The Razor's Edge (Jack Nitzsche) Preamble

The Shooting Party (John Scott) JS

The Ghost And Mrs. Muir (Bernard Herrmann/Elmer Bernstein) Varese Sarabande

Cry Freedom (George Fenton/Jonas Gwangwa) MCA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:29 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:49 am 

King Kong (Max Steiner/Fred Steiner)
Copland (Howard Shore) $1.00
In The Bedroom (Thomas Newman) $1.00
44 Inch Chest (Angelo Badalamenti) A little overpriced at $10.00 used, all the same the film is a favorite and Angelo Badalamenti is one of the best.
Cousteau/Amazon Part 2; The Indian (John Scott) $7.00
Cousteau's Papua New Guines Journey (John Scott) $2.00
Cousteau; Cape Horn/Channel Islands (John Scott) $2.00
Winter People (John Scott) $2.00
John Scott Conducts (John Scott) $2.00
Cocoon (James Horner) $2.00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:49 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next