[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:23 am 

Oh, Son of the Morning Star is a gem!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:46 pm 

Little Women (Thomas Newman ) $1.00
The Good, The Bad And The Ugly (Hugo Montenegro) $1.00
Songs Of The Silver Screen (Sons Of San Joaquin) $1.00
Le bell' Antonio (Piero Piccioni) $2.00 factory sealed :shock:

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:31 pm 

The Haunting (Jerry Goldsmith) $4.00
The 13th Warrior (Jerry Goldsmith) $4.00
Brothers (Johan Soderqvist) 75 cents
l'Imbalsamatore (Banda Osiris / Enrico Rava) $10.00 :shock:
The Rabbit Proof Fence (Peter Gabriel) $5.00
March Of The Penguins (Alex Wurman) $1.00
Antarctica (Ian Tamblyn) $3.00

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 pm 

At a resale music shop...

LadyHawke (Andrew Powell) $14.99
(Have owned the LP for years. Really couldn't afford the price but all the same, a bargain.)

At a thrift shop. Used CDs are usually 90 cents each, today a half price sale...

Futuremuzik (Peter Thomas Sound Orchestra) 45 cents
(Just last night I was looking at a copy of this at the DustyGroove website for $10.00 used.)

The Bed You Sleep In (Erling Wold) 45 cents
(Score to an Independent film by San Francisco composer Erling Wold. Looks like it might be pretty good.)

Live At Carnegie Hall (Anoushka Skankar) 45 cents
(Ravi Shankar's beautiful daughter performs at Carnegie Hall. Factory sealed on the Angel label.)

L'extraordinaire Jardin De Charles Trenet (Steve Beresford) 45 cents
(I've liked what this guy does for quite awhile. Have some of his earlier vinyl recordings that now sell for a couple hundred dollars.)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 pm 

Shoot 'Em Up! (Paul Haslinger) $7.99

Really like Paul Haslinger recordings. Missed out on Intrada's Death Race.

Psycho (Bernard Herrmann) Danny Elfman/Steve Bartek interpretation $3.99

Not big on Danny Elfman but I've heard it said this is a good version of the classic Herrmann score.

Ravenous (Michael Nyman/Damon Albarn) .75 cents (US currency)

Always interested in scores created for films regarding cannibalism.

Rhythmagick (Aiyb Dieng) $7.99

Bill Laswell, Pharoah Sanders, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell...

Did a bit of trading at a resale shop and grabbed all four discs for $5.00 and some change. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:31 pm 

A few days ago...

Terminator 2; Judgement Day (Brad Fiedel) $3.99

Who Framed Roger Rabbit (Alan Silvestri) 1988 edition $3.99

All Dogs Go To Heaven (Ralph Burns) $1.00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm 

One in a series of production music LPs on Major Records, this one is from 1974. Side one, arranged by Nicholas Flagello and may very well be source music from the 1975 film Winterhawk. Side two, composed by Walter Murphy. I'd like to know what film(s) his tracks are from. The IMDB lists a number of peculiar early 70's score assignments for this guy.

Anyway, picked it up for $1.00 at a local Goodwill store earlier today...

Side One
Arranged by Nicholas Flagello
(1) Monkey Wrench-Novelty Rag
(2) Turkey In The Straw-Square Dance
(3) Home Sweet Home-Gospel Rendition
(4) Home Sweet Home-Vaudeville Rendition
(5) Little Brown Jug-Rock Bounce
(6) Nelly Bly-Country Style
(7) She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain-Western Rendition
(8) She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain-Jazz Rock
(9) Wait For The Wagon-Western Rendition

Side Two
Composed by Walter Murphy
(1) Boogie Time
(2) Mr. Funk
(3) All The Things You Said
(4) Makin' Bacon
(5) Hocus Pocus
(6) Transformation

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 4:07 pm 

Out and about I always buy the recordings of Paul Winter when I see them, I have quite a few on vinyl and have a few more on CD, they're usually affordable as hell, even online. This one seems to be the exception, I bought it earlier today for $2.00 at a Goodwill, originally released on LP in 1969, this 1989 CD release is offered for $99.00 to $249.00 on the worldwide web.

(jiminy fuckin' cricket). :shock:

The Winter Consort - Road

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:55 am 

The FSM disc at a resale shop was a big surprise! Found Always at the same place and SolarMax at a Goodwill store...

Always - John Williams $1.00

36 Hours - Dimitri Tiomkin $1.00

SolarMax - Nigel Westlake $1.00 (factory sealed)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:54 pm 

Went to my favorite junk store earlier today and found this Varese Sarabande CD for $2.00 US currency...

Legend - Tangerine Dream

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:47 am 

Greetings from Los Angeles!

Went to a dusty junkstore in Venice, California yesterday and found a few FYC promo CDs for $1.00 each...

Fantastic Mr. Fox (Alexandre Desplat)
War Of The Worlds (John Williams)
The Hurt Locker (Marco Beltrami/Buck Sanders)
The Full Monty (Anne Dudley)
Patch Adams (Mark Shaiman)
The Princess And The Frog (Randy Newman)
UP (Michael Giacchino)

The second copy of the UP FYC disc I've found while digging around. This one is being shipped off to a forum friend in Italy who I know will enjoy it.

Also found for 50 cents each two FYC 45 RMP vinyl records...

White label promo "for academy consideration" of the song from "Love Child" written by Carly Simon with music by Charles Fox as well as "special pressing for members of the academy of motion pictures", "The Promise" sung by Melissa Manchester, arranged and conducted by David Shire.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:51 pm 

Location: Lynchburg, VA, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way, If you can't find me by now you are hopelessly lost
Man! The guys in CA get all the good stuff! Here in rural VA, there's only 1 CD store in the mall (so it's small) and it's NEVER got soundtracks in it!!! I hope I can find an UP FYC disc for a good price someday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:24 am 

I found a used copy of "The Shadow" once, a few years ago, back when it was fetching high prices. I didn't buy it. I think it was something like $5.00.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:39 am 

Went back to the same place and did some more digging... Found a FYC disc of Sherlock Holmes (Hans Zimmer).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next