[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - How's this for a find?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: How's this for a find?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:00 pm 

24 k gold disc of Phantasm (Myrow/Seagrave), $10.00. I've had the Varese Sarabande vinyl since 1980, a CD of the score is like revisiting my misspent youth. :lol:

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:57 pm 

Intrada's "The War Wagon" - Dimitri Tiomkin in pristine condition for $11.95 on the SAE website.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:17 pm 

I recently bought a 45 rpm promo of Guns At Batasi, a 1964 John Addison score. Side one is Theme From Guns At Batasi, the flip side is a track titled Blues For Batasi. The guy working at the music shop seeing the flip side up when I went to pay one dollar for the record looks at it and says, "Blues for Batasi? What the hell is that?" :lol:

Might be a good idea for a thread, strange or unusual track titles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:44 pm 

I've been locating some really interesting recording and some truly horrible ones by total hacks.

There's one that really become a recent favorite quick, the score to a documentary film about the careers of ultra low budget trash filmmakers David Friedman and Dan Sonney, producer/director team of classic trash such as My Tale Is Hot, Thar She Blows and a pile of other films during the 50's and 60's. It's a documentary from 2000 called, Mau Mau Sex Sex scored by Eddie Baytos And The Nervis Brothers.

Check out the trailer on YouTube, it's hillarious and the score is a real treat.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:11 pm 

Is anyone aware of this...

http://www.discogs.com/submissions#item ... %2F7819379

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:56 pm 

At a junkstore I salvaged and saved several production music CDs of British and Italian composers, tracks are from the 1960s and 1970s. These were nearly ruined, broken, filthy and cracked jewel cases. I cleaned them up, fresh cases and slip covers, they're now as good as new.

Whoever the idiot that owned them previously showed blatant disrespect and should never have had them to begin with. We're talking Piccioni, Morricone, Trovajoli, G&M, Micalizzi... The composers on the British disc are all new names to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:16 am 

I bought the promo cd of "The Medusa Touch" by Michael J. Lewis for $8.95 on the SAE website last month. This is such a Great score, I've been playing it over and over again for a week now and I hope someday there is an official release of this score.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:16 pm 

21 promotional CDs, most are FYC for $1.00 each. The one that made the day is Mark Isham's Fly Away Home.

I even picked up Clint Eastwood's score for J. Edgar. Why the hell is Clint Eastwood scoring films anyway?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:10 am 

Poking through a shelf of CDs at a junkstore a few days ago and found a copy of Toy Soldiers (Robert Folk), an early Intrada release. The jewel case was dirty, scratched and cracked, broken hinge, broken sprockets on the inlay. The thing just fell apart in my hands. The CD is in near perfect condition as well as the insert and back inlay. I swapped out jewel cases from a Melissa Etheridge CD and paid one dollar for it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:17 pm 

Found the 1992 Intrada disc of Planet Of The Apes (Jerry Goldsmith) at a thrift store last night and paid two dollars for it. I've been doing this for years, searching for music at thrift shops, although I prefer the term junkstores. Finding something exceptional for cheep-cheep always makes me feel happy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:53 pm 

Years ago I purchased the Decca LP of Hugo Friedhofer's, Boy On A Dolphin. The LP is a bit flawed, not in the best condition, I've always wanted to upgrade to a better copy but have never managed to do so until last night...

Poking around some LPs in the dollar bin at a music shop I noticed a copy with a nice clean cover, I grabbed it. This is great, I thought to myself, no edge wear, the small print along the spine in perfect condition, record doesn't look bad, pink label promo, a few scuffs... Some of you guys who know vinyl might be thinking, so what, a nice copy can be found online for ten or fifteen dollars, but wait... After turning the cover over, I see an inscription in the top right corner that reads, "For Sam Engel, a painful souvenir, Best wishes, Hugo Friedhofer, June 10, 1957".

Hugo Friedhofer inscribed and signed this copy for the films producer, Samuel G. Engel. It made my day but a!so left me with a strange, sad feeling as both men passed away in the early 1980s. I'm wondering what the words, "a painful souvenir" might mean?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:29 pm 

Wow. A special item indeed, and it does make you wonder...

Yavar

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:33 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:44 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:30 am 

Submitted images to Discogs corresponding page for the soundtrack LP if anyone would like to check it out...

https://discogs.com/release/5353813-Boy ... ack/images

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next