[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Limited Editions & Ebay...

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Limited Editions & Ebay...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 pm 

While it may not alter the buying patterns of us rabid collectors (I'm one, too) it might help comfort everyone to know that we don't sell as many multiple copies to speculators as you may think. At least as far as we can tell. We have a pretty good eye and ear for this and - while we have no interest in stifling a free market system - we just don't get as many "speculator" orders as people seem to think. Maybe one or two dozen copies out of 3000. It's a guess but it comes with some education on the subject. And Jeff usually kicks in a "one to a customer" message when any warning flags hit.

I know some people really do worry about the speculators and when I see instantaneous resales on Ebay I shake my head a little as well. But those copies really are a pretty small piece of the pie. Most of the copies around here appear go to good homes and reputable dealers. A few even get to artists, industry folks, studio people and other cool types we're connected with.

Anyway, try not to get too worried about the few random auctioneers who dot the internet. I just don't think they're that big in number.
--Doug

Post subject: Re: Limited Editions & Ebay...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:27 pm 

You can rest assured all the CD's I purchase from you guys are at a very "good, caring" home. Thanks for every single one of them. As for the so called speculators, I'm glad to read that so few copies do make it in to their hands. Not that they don't deserve a copy like the rest of us, ONE copy! Thanks for the insight Doug.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:50 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:48 am 

Thanks a lot for your explanation!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 am 

It's good to know the sheisters are being kept on on a short leash. I wouldn't think the folks at Intrada appreciate their good work being exploited by those whose only interest in the recordings is making a fast and easy profit.

I posted more or less the same thought last night and then deleted it as I felt it may somehow be considered inappropiate. Given some thought, I don't think calling a sheister a sheister is inappropiate at all.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:45 am 

by the way ...

if you ask yourself where those PREDATOR CDs have gone ... here are some of them, offered by SAE for just $ 99.95!!! :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PREDATOR-Alan-Silve ... =Music_CDs

http://cgi.ebay.com/PREDATOR-Alan-Silve ... =Music_CDs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:26 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:44 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 pm 

Cheap, underhanded way to go about doing business on the part of ScreenArchives, listing an item as out of stock for the purpose of inflating the price. I'll tell ya, when I have reason to believe someone is a liar, I make it a point to never believe that person again.

It's amazing they are stupid enough to show their greed and contempt towards customers so obviously.

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:53 pm 

I applaud both Doug and Roger for consider doing this as that shows a label that is out there on our side :)

I didnt think SAE did this to their customers (even if they has the right to do so) and it is not very nice at all.

I acctually agree here with StarTracks

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:04 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:42 pm 

I always thought retail outlets that bought wholesale from a manufacturer had an agreement that they wouldn't sell a product for more or less than certain specified amounts. I guess there is no such agreement in this case, otherwise Intrada could take legal action. I also could understand SAE selling used copies that they obtain later for higher amounts, but selling the new stock that they just received from Intrada at highly inflated prices just seems wrong.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:44 pm 

Not sure how I did it, but while I was out for dinner Monday night, I just remembered that Intrada was releasing stuff and quickly bought a copy through my iphone, but OOPS, I put in 2 copies of Space Camp and only found out after I got home and checked my email/order on a large computer monitor. Oh well, I may just put the extra copy in with my free raffle at my event.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm 

How many copies of SPACECAMP is SAE going to sell for higher prices?
They will probably just sell them under another name not associated with screenarchives.

Last edited by Startracks on Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next