Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42
 Post subject: Re: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 pm 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
litefoot wrote:
Douglass Fake wrote:
anxious to move on to my next project, still another action-packed masterpiece, this time from the Disney vaults.) :D
--Doug

Plenty of action in One Of Our Dinosaurs Is Missing. Am I clutching at straws? Probably.

Doug is anxious, so it's a Goldsmith project. Mulan. :lol:

When Doug says 'vaults', I think 'old'. Mulan feels like it came out only yesterday. I'd swear 1998 was yesterday. Time goes fast!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:01 pm 

litefoot wrote:
When Doug says 'vaults', I think 'old'. Mulan feels like it came out only yesterday. I'd swear 1998 was yesterday. Time goes fast!

That's looking too much into it. Besides, '90s studio elements come from vaults, too, and not from some guy's laptop.

Now, if he said that it hails from Disney's kitchen cupboard, then I wouldn't know what to think. Well, I might ask to borrow some parsley.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:10 pm 

T. Newman Fan wrote:
litefoot wrote:

That's looking too much into it. Besides, '90s studio elements come from vaults, too, and not from some guy's laptop.

Yes, but... you know how much I want this score. Since I joined the forum, every time Doug or Roger say 'Disney release', I immediately become alert. It might not be the one he's referring to this time, but eventually, it will be...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:01 pm 

Douglass Fake wrote:
I guess it's cheating - or perhaps just teasing folks - to say what I'm listening to now is a 9-minute action sequence from a massive two-hour score I'm currently editing and mastering. All in magnificent stereo. With no less than six French horns, four trumpets, four trombones and a tuba taking up the back row of the orchestra! Yep, it's a loud one. A powerhouse, to be sure... and hopefully coming your way before too many moons pass. (Because I'm sorta getting my fill of this one and am anxious to move on to my next project, still another action-packed masterpiece, this time from the Disney vaults.) :D
--Doug

Wait....could this be the fated Willow expansion?!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:42 pm 

litefoot wrote:
T. Newman Fan wrote:
litefoot wrote:

Yes, but... you know how much I want this score. Since I joined the forum, every time Doug or Roger say 'Disney release', I immediately become alert. It might not be the one he's referring to this time, but eventually, it will be...

Well, I'm right with you in wanting that score, but I certainly wouldn't mind an expanded Mulan. It's Goldsmith's final masterpiece as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm 

Mulholland Falls - Dave Grusin - Kritzerland

Don't remember why I missed purchasing it the first time around, but I found it used for a good price and I'm enjoying giving it a spin right now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:26 am 

Intrada's Necessary Roughness.

Such a feel good score from Conti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm 

In a jazzy mood tonight.

M Squad (RCA/BMG) - John Williams, Benny Carter & Various
Chinatown (Intrada) - Jerry Goldsmith
The Little Shop Of Horrors (Kritzerland) - Fred Katz

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 623 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42