[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 am 

Received my copy today ...

Jerry Goldsmith - FIRST BLOOD (1982) | Thanks, Intrada.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:49 pm 

At this very moment..."The Rock" from In Harm's Way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 am 

Sly + Robbie - Mambo Taxi

Self installed new speakers and a nice Sony CD reciever in my car yesterday and listened to Mambo Taxi earlier today.
Standout tracks, Mission; Impossible, The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, The Apartment and Alfred Hitchcock.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:10 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:45 am 

Alan Silvestri - Back To The Future (1985) | Including the booklet and overall presentation another top-notch release from Intrada.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm 

Did anyone else pick up FSM's new "Lassie" set? I can't get through the two Previn scores, too many sound effects and snippets of dialogue for even me to filter, but there's plenty of great stuff elsewhere on the set to feast on.

At the moment my favorite single score represented here might be Herbert Stothart & Co.'s score for "Son of Lassie"; there are a few rough sounding tracks in the middle but the majority comes across remarkably full-bodied to these ears, considering the age and condition of the sources. Both of Daniele Amfitheatrof's efforts please me greatly, and comparing Scott Bradley's approach for the first part of "Courage of Lassie" with Mario Castelnuovo-Tedesco and Nathaniel Shilkret's is kinda fun. Elmer Bernstein's score for "It's a Dog's Life" has made little impression on me so far - maybe I can't separate it from what he was doing, or about to do, around the same time so I inevitably find this music lacking? Dunno. Nothing wrong with it at all, but I am liking the other stuff better.

Neat set overall. If you fancied FSM's earlier Stothart releases, you can't go wrong with this one. :)

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:17 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:28 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Right now playing in my stereo system: Ennio Morricone's score for Adrian Lyne's LOLITA, one of his finest scores. Very underrated and not all that well known, but it's top drawer Morricone as far as I'm concerned.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:09 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:41 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:54 pm 

I´m listening to the track Madness in the Dark from Dario Argento´s PELTS by Claudio Simonetti

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:46 pm 

Elmer Bernstein - THE GREAT ESCAPE (1963) | Just

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:28 am 

Transporter 2 by Alexandre Azaria. Guilty pleasure for me and much better than Clarkes predecessor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 am 

Tangled (Alan Menken)
Another jewel by Alan Menken : funny, moving, great songs, rousing score. It's like 90's once more ! ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:31 am 

UNTIL SEPTEMBER. For obvious reasons. RIP John Barry.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 43  Next