[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:24 am 

The usual techno rythms/hi-speed rock/film music blend with a medieval touch ! :P

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:53 am 

Still working my way through the STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION - THE RON JONES PROJECT BOX SET.
Almost done for the first time, but there is just a lot of music and I am trying to listening to it without distractions!

FINISHED IT!!!!!!! Now, I know which scores I will revisit, but will not tell until I see what ours
have as their favorites. Great box!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:33 pm 

Cinema Italiano - Henry Mancini

A really great recording from Henry Mancini.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:11 pm 

Location: Lynchburg, VA, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way, If you can't find me by now you are hopelessly lost
Iron Man 2 Score - John Debney

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:39 pm 

The brand, spankin' new "Curse of the Pink Panther" CD courtesy Quartet Records! Lots of fun, although the difference between an album of music assembled by Henry Mancini and one of his scores presented complete is immediately apparent. I love having this as/is, but I wonder what Doug or Nick Redman would have come up with had they attempted a "99 44/100% Dead" treatment with this one? Again, no bleating moan intended - just that the difference between the "album experience" approach and the "complete and chronological" approach is crystal clear with this.

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 pm 

Right now I´m listening to a 30 track edition of library tracks used in the movie the Retrievers, then I will go through Uncommon Valor which arrived today

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:47 pm 

American Sketches - John Stewart

Originally recorded in 1984, this the 1990 CD release of John Stewart's instrumental musical background for a trip through the American West.

Have always liked John Stewart. Used to have some of the Kingston Trio LPs he performed on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:36 pm 

Arrived today and listening to now...

Sadismo - Les Baxter

About four weeks ago the hotel where I work hosted a S&M, bondage and kink convention. I personally resented being anywhere near those freaks but hey... that's life in the kitchen.

The lunch buffet was a real hoot. A grandmotherly drag queens with arms like a cement worker, leather clad 300 pounders and a woman wearing a skirt so short the bottom of her ass was exposed. I had to look twice to make sure that wasn't a piece of chicken she was stealing. :lol:

Somehow the experience made the release of Sadismo, shortly thereafter, rather timely and welcome.

This really is a quality recording of obscure Les Baxter music.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:44 pm 

George Freeman - All In The Game

Wish I had a bigger scan of this disc. Recorded in 1976 and originally released on vinyl as New Improved Funk. This is the 1991 CD release.

Check out George at the 2008 Chicago jazz festival.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 am 

Basil Poledouris - CONAN THE BARBARIAN (1982) | I'm in awe. Outstanding release. Not to mention the score itself ...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:07 pm 

Just finished Far From The Madding Crowd from Tadlow and Conan The Barbarian by Prometheus/Tadlow, now listening to Hanover Street by John Barry (varese Club)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:09 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 pm 

Richard Einhorn's Dead of Winter!

Outstanding sound!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:58 pm 

I've given this Intrada disc a lot of spins since it was released. Goldsmith in his experimental mode which TV often allowed for. Great mix of funky stuff, jazz riff vibes, neo-baroque coolness, well tempered atonal atmospherics, etc. This is definitely JG being JG!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm 

Johnny Guitar - Victor Young

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 43  Next