[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:48 pm 

Too lazy to post a cover scan but listening to Roy Colt And Winchester Jack (Piero Umiliani) on the Cinevox label.

The old west goes Tijuana Brass! :D

Only an Italian could use a sitar in a western film score and get away with it! :lol:

Post subject: Re: Hey! What's that yer listenin' to?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:30 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:30 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:09 am 

Listening to my old LP of Breakheart Pass.
My son asked, "What is that?" (Asking about the score.)
Going through my LP library, shutting my eyes and going back 30 years.
Listening to nothing but Goldsmith today in celebration of his life.
6 years ago today, we lost the maestro. Jerry you are missed!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:28 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:26 am 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:09 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:41 pm 

Listening to the 2nd half of Last Tango In Paris disc on the Varese Sarabande label., the Gato Barbieri, re-recorded in 1998 selection of short pieces from the film. Much different from the 1972 album version of the score. Gato is a true champ. This score and his 1965 ESP Disc In Search Of The Mystery have both been part of my existence for quite awhile. It's up there registering in my brain even when I don't know it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:54 pm 

I'm currently spinning this ultra-jazzy funkfest from 1979, recently released on CD by BEAT Records:

http://www.beatrecords.it/shop.asp?idpr ... 1&lingua=e

Intrada doesn't have it in stock yet, but probably will soon.

P.S. Franco Micalizzi RULES. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 am 

I've always appreciated Goldsmith more when he worked with Italian orchestras.

His music used to become richer in dynamics and acquired a stronger flavour.
What if "Capricorn One" were performed by the Santa Cecilia Orchestra (the same of Conan)?
OMG! it would have turned to "Capricorn The One" :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:26 pm 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Sitting at home on a warm summer evening, enjoying a good German beer while my lovely fiance is frying some tasty vegetables and opening some white whine. Out of my speakers comes James Newton Howard's score for BLOOD DIAMOND. Relaxing and fits the mood.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:42 pm 

It's been a hot few days here in the eastern USA, love those summer heat waves.

Paul Winter And The Earth Band, Prayer For The Wild Things. Wondering if Paul Winter has created any film scores? Listening to this I'm considering what he could have done with Dances With Wolves.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:44 pm 

Quando Le Donne Avevano La Coda" (When Women Had Tails) - Ennio Morricone

Caveman Bossa Nova is best experienced while under the influence of cannibis, IMHO. :lol:

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:03 pm 

Listening to Emanuelle E Gli Ultimi Cannibali (Emanuelle And The Last Cannibals) - Nico Fidenco

It has a sort of oddball element that really makes me feel good. The differences in cultural identities is really amazing sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:15 am 

CHiPs Season 3 (Alan Silvestri) : sooooo fuuuuun ! I love those CHiPs albums... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 644 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Next