[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's PREDATOR

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's PREDATOR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:59 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

PREDATOR
Composed and Conducted by ALAN SILVESTRI
INTRADA MAF 7118

Due to popular demand, Intrada has reissued Alan Silvestri's thrilling score to the 1987 20th-Century Fox film Predator. The first release sold out in hours, not giving everyone who wished to own a copy a fair chance to purchase. This newly repackaged edition not only features the complete score, including "The Aftermath" cue (the digital master of which had been located after the release of the previous edition), but also separates several edits due to collector demand.

Deftly blending full orchestral color with pounding synthesizer, Silvestri took on his first full-fledged horror/sci-fi genre-mash with gusto, offering music as hard and muscular as the testosterone-fueled commandos who people the film. Silvestri’s “Main Title,” heralded by a dissonant burst of brass and the eerie descending strings marks the Predator’s arrival on earth. Almost immediately, the Predator's opponents are introduced—the commando team—by one of the score’s most successful devices: a tough military march laid over a brutal six-note percussion figure that keeps circling back with relentless ferocity. From here, it's one of the most dynamic, exciting action scores written, with only brief moments of reflection or eerie suspense before returning to pulse-pounding action.

The film introduces an elite troop of muscle-bound commandos into the rain forests of Central America on a putative rescue mission, then tables are turned, making the team the prey of a heat-seeking sport hunter from another world. Starting as an action-adventure yarn with a military flavor, the film swiftly turns into Ten Little Indians in the jungle, with commandos being picked off one by one. By the climactic final sequences, mission leader Dutch
Schaeffer (Arnold Schwarzenegger) is the last man standing and goes one on one with the terrifying apparition of the Predator (Kevin Peter Hall).

INTRADA MAF 7118
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE NOW
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7476/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Alan Silvestri's PREDATOR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:15 pm 

Smiling pretty big right now. Thanks guys for this and the Jarre. Can't wait to spin them!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:16 pm 

Needless to say... :) Oh, so ordered... Thanks Intrada for making this available again (an awesome make-over indeed)... :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:21 pm 

A much welcomed re-release indeed. I have the first Intrada but will be buying this one as welll.

Glad to see it's here to stay this time for everyone to enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:38 pm 

Very cool that people are getting a chance to get this again. Though i bet you that someone Will complain about it being the wrong Logo music.

I have the old Varése release and hate to admit that I'm not particularly fussed on the music so won't be picking it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:57 pm 

Ordered

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm 

ORDERED!!!! 8)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:49 pm 

This is a label that listens to its audience (when it's practical, of course) and this is why you have customer loyalty (putting aside those who would grumble and grouse over anything). Thank you, Intrada, for your love of the art and your commitment to quality.

Larry

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:05 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:31 pm 

I LOVE this score. I have the Varese release and didn't think I'd get your re-release if it was limited again. I'm ecstatic to see that it's not. This is a gem that deserves a MAF issue. You guys are gods among men!

I'll definitely get it for the improved sound quality. Thank you very, very much.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:51 pm 

Ugh...I just bought the old Intrada release of Predator off eBay yesterday for $35. I'm sick to my stomach. What is this about the logo music being different? Should I try to cancel my sale? Should I stick with my purchase? Advice please...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:17 am 

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am 

Can never have enough Silvestri & Predator, well & truly ORDERED :D
Wouldnt be surprised if it even gets another release adding the long tall sally track.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:54 am 

As a massive Predator fan its great to finally have this brilliant score available for all time! I have both previous releases and have ordered this one as well. I for one did not mind having some of the cues merged in the original Intrada release, as Roger said, it makes for a smoother listening experience. The only one I found a bit jarring was the 'Billy and Predator' track. Now I can pick and choose the versions I want into the definitive playlist

For clarification, its says in the announcement that the score has been completely re-mastered. In terms of sound quality, does that mean it will be even better to the previous Intrada re-mastering or does it refer only to the different edits?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:49 am 

Appreciated and ordered. Thanks, hamsters.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next