[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' ROBOCOP

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Basil Poledouris' ROBOCOP
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:44 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

ROBOCOP
Composed by BASIL POLEDOURIS

INTRADA Special Collection Volume 129

Intrada presents a new listen on an old favorite with a completely rebuilt version of Basil Poledouris' 1987 score to Robocop. While the soundtrack has been released twice before and both albums featured solid playing sequences designed for particular listening experiences, altering the film sequence of this particular score changes the architecture of the music, where musical ideas are deliberately introduced at key points and developed as the score progresses. Both previous releases also omitted the all-important music underscoring of the initial appearance of Robocop -- not only the first statement of the main theme in the score, but the only version that includes the striking, metallic sound of a steel fire extinguisher, hammered at like an anvil. But wait, there's more. For this release Intrada was given access to all of the recently discovered 2” 24-track masters as well as the 1” 8-track masters with their wide array of electronic sequences, all recorded by the Sinfonia of London at Abbey Road with Eric Tomlinson as engineer. This allowed for a complete remix of every cue, which further allowed us to include all of the original cues Poledouris wrote for the various commercial spots within the film, as well as several other sequences being heard here for the first time in a dymanic, crisp sound quality previously unheard and in film sequence as constructed. And although the end title was constructed of several parts from the Robocop score, it is reconstructed here to give them album a definitive finish.

Robocop stars Peter Weller as Murphy, a cop working in crime-ravaged Old Detroit in the near future, where the beleaguered police force has been taken over by multinational corporation Omni Consumer Products. OCP Vice President Dick Jones (Ronny Cox) is sponsoring an automated crime suppression system, the hulking ED-209 robot. But when the ED-209 disastrously malfunctions, ambitious Bob Morton (Miguel Ferrer) steps in with his pet project, Robocop—a fusing of robotics
and human flesh. When Murphy and his new partner Lewis (Nancy Allen) confront the sadistic Detroit crime boss Clarence Boddicker (Kurtwood Smith) and his gang, Murphy is brutally killed—and when his body is harvested by OCP, he is reborn as Robocop. The hulking cybernetic crime fighter rapidly begins to clean up the city, but his growing curiosity about his identity and past sets him on a collision course with both Boddicker and Jones.

This release is limited to 3000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 129
Retail Price: $19.99
AVAILABLE 4/13/2010
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6568/.f

Last edited by Roger Feigelson on Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:54 pm 

What can be said besides "THANK YOU!"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:02 pm 

Intrada, you've done it again!

(Picture the end of that Simpsons episode where Brian Grazer hands Ron Howard the bags of money and the theme from Happy Days plays)

Perfect, thankyou. I had the original Varese CD years ago, but it always underwhelmed me a bit (and I'm not just saying that now there's an alternative!) and this score was a formative favourite from my youth.

RoboCop was the first 18 certificate movie - as we have them in the UK - I ever saw. It was, of course, at the tender age of 8! A lot of the satire went over my head then, but what I have always seen is a truly classic tale of good vs evil...has there ever been a scarier bad guy than Clarence Boddicker? A man who can be scary even though he's called Clarence?!?

This one is going to be played and played and played. Thanks a million! (I'm manfully resisting the obvious "buy that for a dollar" joke.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:22 pm 

Yes -- thank you, again. Enough has been said about this score. I'm excited to hear this in complete form.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 pm 

Great release, never did get the Varese. I'm glad I waited. B.P. at his best-ORDERED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:45 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:00 am 

I saw this in Barbados (on a doublebill with Cherry 2000 - yes, that got shown in cinemas in some parts of the world) and it had some weird censorship... the brutal violence was intact, but the spoof ads were all cut out! Still a great movie, and a score to match. Definitely one to get!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:11 am 

Magnificent release! :D

I hope you guys just do the same with “ON DEADLY GROUND”, “UNDER SIEGE 2: DARK TERRITORY” and “ STARSHIP TROOPERS”.

Thanks so much! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:35 am 

Robocop is my favourite Poledouris score along with Conan 1 + 2 & Under Siege 2.
And it's done right for the very first time. :wink:

Another satisfied customer....Thank You Intrada.

Sante Maria Romitelli's GOD'S GUN (1976) MGM/Cannon
Trevor Jones' FREEJACK (1992) Morgan Creek

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:36 pm 

One performance by Mr. Selleck that has always stood out for me -- one which, unfortunately, coincides with most "bottom lists" -- is in the outrageously funny, son-in-a-jam comedy, Folks! I still laugh hard watching Selleck go through his self-imposed misery while addressing the needs of his senile parents. Classic stuff, if you ask me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:15 pm 

I will definitely be picking this up soon! With the amazing slew of releases we've had recently, I'm having to budget more. At the top of my priority list are the releases for Dutch, Batman, Robocop, and the forthcoming Independence Day release (and I'm very curious as to what the concurrent 3000 unit release is going to be). I've never seen the film, but I've really come to love the main theme music over time (it had to grow on me a bit). I've never had any release, so this'll be great.

Here's hoping we get more Poledouris in the not-too-distant future. Let's see here...The Hunt for Red October complete from LaLaLand, Conan the Barbarian complete from Varese, and The Jungle Book complete from Intrada sounds like a dang good trio to me! ;)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next