[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's CAPRICORN ONE

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's CAPRICORN ONE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:30 pm 

INTRADA Announces:

CAPRICORN ONE
Composed and Conducted by JERRY GOLDSMITH
INTRADA INT 7142

Jerry Goldsmith's score for the 1978 film Capricorn One unknowingly created a template for the next quarter-century of action scores. The cat-and-mouse chase and escape sequences afforded Goldsmith the opportunity to compose some of the most unique suspense and exciting action set-pieces of his lengthy career, not to mention the appearance of a subtly melancholy romantic theme that speaks to love tragically lost.

Ten years ago Intrada premiered the original film recordings on a limited edition CD that quickly sold out. The justifiably famous LP released at the time of the movie's debut was a re-recording made by Goldsmith, containing edited highlights, arranged and reorchestrated by Goldsmith. Performances on the Intrada are crisper and cues have significant complex detail, including much of the electronics, that were deleted from the LP arrangement. Rather than simply re-use the master from the 2005 release, Intrada has rebuilt, reassembled and remastered the music to improve the sound, including an additional alternate not previously released.

The conspiracy-thriller tells the story of a voyage to Mars. But did the astronauts ever reach their destination? In Capricorn One, a misguided attempt to save a failing space program results in a faked landing on Mars. They almost get away with it, too, until the real unmanned space capsule burns up during re-entry and the three "astronauts" find themselves facing certain execution. Directed by Peter Hyams, the film stars Elliot Gould, James Brolin, Sam Waterston, Brenda Vaccaro, Hal Holbrook, Karen Black, O.J. Simpson, and Telly Savalas.

Intrada INT 7142
Retail Price: $19.99
Shipping Now
For track listing and sound samples, please visit
http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9712/.f

Post subject: Re: INTRADA Announces Jerry Goldsmith's CAPRICORN ONE
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:47 pm 

I think it's hysterical.... Roger announces an Intrada release on the INTRADA BOARD.... and where do people post about???? ON THE FSM BOARD!
Well... Thanks, Doug, Roger, and all the others for rereleasing this one! Will definitely be a "double-dip" for ME! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 pm 

Hi Roger

i own the previous release and love it, are the sound improvments worth to get the new edition ?
thanks
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:43 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:13 am 

I sadly missed out on this awesome Goldsmith.
But thank you Doug, Roger & team Intrada for putting it out once more with the tweaks.
I'll be bagging a copy for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:40 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Never heard of that Goldsmith guy... is this a good score? :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:40 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:52 am 

Well, as I don't own old edition, this question was interesting to me :)
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:26 am 

This is a must in every mans collection, so thanx for releasing it again :)

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:16 am 

I have a quick question for Doug or Roger. Is this new INT 7000 line replacing the MAF product line? Is this a new "standard", non-limited line? And if so, just curious why the change from MAF to INT?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:12 pm 

Happy to double dip on this glorious score from Intrada. A new bonus track and freshened up master is all I needed to hear. Such a masterpiece. Thanks once again, Intrada.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:14 am 

I can't help myself. So will double dip for the improvements. Frightening to think it was 10 years ago for the first CD. Great to see this out as an unlimited title.

Well done Intrada!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:31 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:34 am 

Our review

http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/abort1/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]