[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Holy Grails

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: The Holy Grails
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:24 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 am 

1. BACK TO THE FUTURE (Alan Silvestri)
2. INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM - Complete (John Williams)
3. INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE - Complete (John Williams)
4. THE GOONIES (Dave Grusin)
5. THE STAR WARS PREQUELS (John Williams) Complete and in chronological order as Williams intended the music to be heard in the film.

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:15 am 

1. GREMLINS (Jerry Goldsmith)
2. WARGAMES (Arthur B. Rubinstein)
3. WOLFEN (James Horner)
4. WOMEN IN LOVE (Georges Delerue)
5. THE 4TH MAN (Loek Dikker)

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:25 am 

1. MULAN - Complete (Jerry Goldsmith)
2. HEAVY METAL (Elmer Bernstein)
3. THE MATRIX - Complete (Don Davis)
4. THE GOONIES (Dave Grusin)
5. BACK TO THE FUTURE (Alan Silvestri)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:43 am 

None But the Brave
King Kong (2005) complete
Jurassic Park complete
Hallelujah Trail complete
Sons of Katie Elder complete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:04 pm 
1. Family Plot (John Williams)
2. Firefox (Maurice Jarre)
3. Heaven Can Wait (Dave Grusin)
4. Revolution (John Corigliano)
5. Gumshoe (Andrew Lloyd Webber)

- John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:45 pm 

1) The Road Warrior (May)
2) Body Double (Donaggio)
3) Heavy Metal (Bernstein)
4) Obsession (Herrmann)
5) Prancer (Jarre)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:47 pm 
1. The Ten Commandments - Elmer Bernstein: One of my favorite Bernstein scores, a truly magnificent epic that I would love to have an official release/great re-recording of.

2. Spartacus - Alex North: This is a popular one, for good reason, and I'd be thrilled to be able to drown myself in this orchestral powerhouse.

3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (complete) - John Williams: Remarkable score, with a whole bunch of terrific darker writing from Williams... way too much material missing on the original (also hard to come by) album.

4. The Journey of Natty Gann - James Horner: I'm a big Horner fan, and this is probably the best of his unreleased scores. It may be a long time before this sees the light of day, but I hope not.

5. Gremlins (complete) - Jerry Goldsmith: This score is for me what I'm sure "The Goonies" or "Back to the Future" are for others... a sentimental favorite. I love this score to pieces, and it's near impossible for me to judge from a critical standpoint, as I'm so blinded my by sheer fondness for it.

Back at ya later

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:00 pm 

Roger, don't forget Delerue's excellent rejected score to "Something Wicked This Way Comes".

If we are talking personal Top Five's, than here are mine -- though this was extremely difficult to narrow down (in no special order):

1. Conan: The Barbarian (Basil Poledouris, R.I.P.)

2. The Ten Commandments (Elmer Bernstein, R.I.P.)

3. Jake Speed (Mark Snow; only a Varese LP)

4. Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend (Jerry Goldsmith, R.I.P.)

5. Gladiator (rejected 1992 boxing film; Jerry Goldsmith, R.I.P.)

THE PRISONER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:21 pm 

My Holy Grail has always been The Goonies by Dave Grusin. If that was released I think I'd order 10 copies instantly... Love the film, love the score :-)

Other titles on my wish list in random order:

Gremlins (Jerry Goldsmith)
Innerspace (Jerry Goldsmith)
Police Academy (Robert Folk)
Police Academy 2 - Their First Assignment (Robert Folk)
Police Academy 3 - Back In Training (Robert Folk)
Police Academy 4 - Citizens On Patrol (Robert Folk)
Police Academy 5 - Assignment: Miami Beach (Robert Folk)
Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege (Robert Folk)
Police Academy - Mission To Moscow (Robert Folk)
Ghoulies (Richard Band/Shirley Walker)
Transylvania 6-5000 (Lee Holdridge)
Young Sherlock Holmes (Bruce Broughton)
The Ice Pirates (Bruce Broughton)
Family Plot (John Williams)
SpaceCamp (John Williams)
Maniac Cop (Jay Chattaway)
Maniac Cop II (Jay Chattaway)
Uncle Buck (Ira Newborn)
Sometimes They Come Back (Terry Plumeri)
A Night In The Life Of Jimmy Reardon (Elmer Bernstein)
The Black Cauldron (Elmer Bernstein) - The Complete OST
Critters 3: You Are What They Eat (David C. Williams)
Critters 4: They're Invading Your Space (Peter Manning Robinson)
Volunteers (James Horner)
Back To The Future (Alan Silvestri)
Twins (Georges Delerue)
The Exorcist III (Barry De Vorzon)
Oblivion (Pino Donaggio)
Oblivion 2: Backlash (Pino Donaggio)
Brewster's Millions (Ry Cooder)
Ghostbusters II (Randy Edelman)
The Game Of Their Lives (William Ross)
Coming To America (Nile Rodgers)
Children Of The Corn (Jonathan Elias)
Ghoulies IV (Chuck Cirino)
Avalanche (William Craft)
Beyond The Poseidon Adventure (Jerry Fielding)
The Heroes Of Telemark (Malcolm Arnold)
The Big Bus (David Shire)

...oops, got a little carried away there... :oops:

Cheers,
Bent Erik

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:37 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next