[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Holy Grails

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:18 pm 

Last edited by Lokutus on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:51 pm 

Trevor Jones' early scores...

Excalibur -- the complete score for the three hour directors cut (SANS the classical works of course).

The Last Days of Pompeii

Black Angel

The Last Place on Earth

A real expanded Dark Crystal, drawn from a master-quality source (not the heavily edited music stems used to mix the film) which includes all the additional music Jones wrote wrote for various promos.

Last edited by Paul MacLean on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 pm 
Fright Night (Brad Fiedel)
Young Sherlock Holmes (Broughton)
Black Cauldron complete (Elmer Bernstein)
Karate Warrior (Simon Boswell)
Conan the Destroyer complete (Poledouris)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:41 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:57 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:28 pm 

THE ULTIMATE WARRIORGil Melle
SHAMUSJerry Goldsmith
WHEN EIGHT BELLS TOLLAngela Morley (aka Wally Stott)
ALIAS SMITH AND JONES (TV scores)Billy Goldenberg, Pete Rugolo, John Andrew Tartaglia, David Shire
THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICEMichael Small

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 am 

1. SECONDS (Jerry Goldsmith): Dark, melancholic, incredibly haunting.

2. LONELY ARE THE BRAVE (Jerry Goldsmith): His first major western, a breakthrough score, displaying Jerry's full range as an exceptional dramatist. His decision to leave the final scene unscored is one of many strokes of genius, IMHO.

3. EXPLORERS (Jerry Goldsmith): My favorite Dante/Goldsmith collaboration. Plenty of orchestral razzle-dazzle, emotional scoring, quirky stuff you don't hear anymore these days.

4. DANGER DIABOLIK (Ennio Morricone): Great, far out stuff from the Maestro!

5. SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES (James Horner)

6. THE JOURNEY OF NATTY GANN (James Horner)

7. FAMILY PLOT (John Williams)

8. COMES A HORSEMAN (Michael Small): another great western score, terrific final scene.

9. THE MEMBER OF THE WEDDING (Alex North): Sensitive scoring from the master of sensitive, heartfelt, perfect scoring.

10. REVOLUTION (John Corigliano): Certainly one of the top 5 scores of the eighties. A major composer, an important score, the National PHilharmonic Orchestra with James Galway as featured soloist. And no CD!

These are my 10 absolute Holy Grails!

[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:33 am 

Here we go again,

Here's my 5 holy grails that will probably never get an official release.

1. AN INNOCENT MAN (Howard Shore) I Just love the Main Theme and the Theme in the end when Tom Sellec settles the game with the cops.
- - PLEASE GIVE ME A RELEASE ON THIS ONE - -

2. FREEJACK (Trevor Jones) The syntherzizerdrums and orchestral blends perfectly together, and a couple of great chase themes. Would love to hear them on CD without Sound-Fx.

3. ROCKY IV (Vince DiCola) I'm a very big fan of Bill Conti but I think DiCola surpassed him in this Rocky entery. Training Montage & War, they are much better in the film than the released CD Versions. Only bad thing about this is that there probably arn't more than 25 - 30 minutes of score to this puppy. The rest are the Hitsongs No Easy Way Out, Heart's On Fire exc. Would love a complete release with both.

4. GOD"S GUN (Sante Maria Romitelli) I was in contact with a record label about this title and they found out that the master to this 1976 Lee Van Cleef treasure was lost. Hope thats not true and that it's somewhere to be found.

Heres a Double-Bill
5. A FORCE OF ONE / THE OCTAGON (Richard Halligan) Been chasing these two Chuck Norris movie scores for over 20 years with no luck.
Would make a perfect double bill CD.

So that's my list, No Back To The Future, Spartacus, Gremlins here.
I'm pretty shure they will probably get an release sooner or later due to popularity. But if one or two of my five choises would ever get a official release I would rock and roll over. TWICE......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:57 am 

1. Paris by Night
2. Sword of Gideon
3. American Friends
4. Something Wicked this way Comes - rejected
5. Angela - Love Comes Quietly

All by the great Georges DELERUE, natch !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:49 am 

SPARTACUS (Complete)
QUO VADIS
THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK
BOY ON A DOLPHIN
GIANT (Complete)
55 DAYS AT PEKING (Complete)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:44 am 

My list is pretty unchanged, but here goes:

1. The Caine Mutiny - This score always tops my list. It was a score to a film that got me listening to film scores. The March on the Gerhadt CD just wet my appetite and I was to learn that I would hunger still.

2. The Goonies - Loved this movie and the score was a big part of it.

3. Five Card Stud - A western mystery with a great Dean Martin song that Maurice Jarre weaves throughout the score. Simply great!

4. Quo Vadis - I love all of Rozsa's ancient epics. We need this one.

5. Family Plot - Earlish John Williams for Hitchcock's last film. How can you go wrong.

I thought about Back to the Future but I am not sure what is really missing with the releases of the two sequel scores that make this so urgent. I'm not saying I wouldn't buy one, just that it doesn't seem as urgent. I also didn't list Spartacus because it will be released. I don't know when or who, but it will because it is too important a score not to be.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next