[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Holy Grails

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Holy Grails
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:23 pm 

My remaining grails:

DRACULA - JW
JAWS 2 - JW
THE SWARM (LP presentation) - JG
THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD - JG
HOOK (Complete) - JW
THE OMEN (Complete) - JG

I also feel pretty sure that THE SECRET OF NIMH is not quite complete but I'd have to see the film again to be sure. Overall, though, my grails have nearly all seen the light of day in the last few years.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:32 pm 

Oh yeah! It would also be great to someday get the original AMITYVILLE HORROR released in a C&C presentation. The re-recording just doesn't being to hold a candle, even though it has lots of new music. The performance on the old LP deserves to be heard.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm 

just the first which come to my mind:

1) Escape from Alcatraz (sick of my homemade 35 min b***g)
2) The Long Goodbye (I don't think Varese release is complete)
3) An American Werewolf in London (+ Essential EB Metamorphosis it should reach 25-30 minutes)
4) Two Minute Warning (good as much as JW Black Sunday !)
5) Junior Bonner (Peckinpah + Fielding unreleased? it makes no sense. Please with both versions of title song and all rodeo tracks)
6) Jaws II & Dracula (I mean... complete)
7) Love at 1st bite (my favourite disco st)
8 Moonwalker (the suite conducted by Kunzel is not enough)
9) The Car & Race with the Devil (Rosenman mephisto waltzes)
10) Howard the duck (after The Black Hole, this would be easy)
11) Fire & Ice (astonishingly not yet released)
12) Silent Running (my LP is spoiled)
13) Slipstream (ehm... legal)

Ciao! B.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:43 am 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:22 pm 

I´m a dirt merchant and a figure of your imagination

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:53 am 

My Grails are:

The Black Cauldron
Conan (the barbarian and the destryer) (^__^)
Karate Warrior (aka il ragazzo dal kimono d'oro)
Young Sherlock Holmes
Highlander (complete score + songs in FILM version)
The Neverending Story (with ORIGINAL FILM SCORE and instrumental of the Limahl's main theme)

and.....
ALL THE TELEVISION SCORES COMPOSED BY SHUKI LEVY AND ROBERT J. WALSH !!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:39 am 

At the start of the year I wrote out about 20 titles I'd love (something to do between Christmas & the new year). Nothing outrageous, five were straight LP re-releases & three were CD re-releases, but so far...nothing! Oh well, it's been a cheap year (so far), maybe next year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:59 pm 

My grails..

AIR FORCE ONE-The complete score and throw Joel Mcneelys effort on there too while your at it.
Star Wars episodes 2 and 3-the only two star wars movies not complete on cd.
Star Treks 8,9,and 10-they need to be expanded and complete.
Seaquest DSV-A Ron Jones project style box set would be very nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 am 

1. SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES -Delerue tracks, complete from Disney vault
2. REAR WINDOW - Shire
3. THE BELSTONE FOX - Johnson
4. SWORD OF GIDEON - Delerue
5. AMOS - Delerue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:49 pm 

YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES (Broughton)
WARLORDS OF ATLANTIS (Mike Vickers)
ONE OF OUR DINOSAURS IS MISSING (Goodwin)
THUNDERCATS (Bernard Hoffer)
THE KEEP (Tangerine Dream)
FLASHPOINT (Tangerine Dream)
THE MYSTERIOUS CITIES OF GOLD (Saban & Levi)
SHORT CIRCUIT 2 (Charles Fox)
MOONRAKER (Barry)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:15 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm 

Adam Resurrected (Gabriel Yared)

The Walker (Anne Dudley)

Hardcore (Jack Nitzsche)

All three scores from films directed by Paul Schrader. Hard to believe the first two haven't been released.

Hardcore, the 1978 film starring George C. Scott. Guitarist Ry Cooder performs on that one. There's a track on Jack Nitzsche's 1970 soundtrack recording for Performance that sounds very similar to some of the stuff he created for Hardcore. I wonder if Ry Cooder has a copy of the score?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:45 pm 

Cooder also played on Jack's rejected score to "Candy".

(Grusin replaced)

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:55 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:00 pm 

In fact, now that I remember, he replaced Randy Newman on "Performance" (I've no idea if anything was recorded).

THE PRISONER

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next