[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Holy Grails

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Holy Grails
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:47 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
I have to say that I find the existing releases of The Rocketeer and Willow both very satisfying.

Particularly The Rocketeer is one of my all time favorite James Horner scores, but I don't think it particularly yearns for expansion.

In any case, over the years many of my one-time holy grails have been released. Among the film scores I have yearned for to be released or released in a more comprehensive form a one time that have now been released:

Lawman (Jerry Fielding)
Alien (Jerry Goldsmith)
Logan's Run (Jerry Goldsmith)
Scorpio (Jerry Fielding)
Gremlins (Jerry Goldsmith)
Monsignor (John Williams)

There are a quite a few more that once were holy grails but are (or at least have been) available, even such outlandish ludicrous wishes such as The Omega Man.

Interestingly, once in a while there was an expanded all up to date release I had to pick up only to find out that the expansion was not really necessary. I'm thinking of Hook in particular, where I always wanted to have an expanded CD (including the end title sequence) only to find out how cohesive a listening experience John Williams' orignal album was. Mind you, I am not parting with my LaLaLand Hook, I'm sure glad it's there, and hey, it's got a booklet and liner notes, and more music, so I like it quite a bit, but the original release was not lacking in comparison and seems like a better rounded listening experience.

There are some scores I have that I would not mind to see re-released one day in a more expanded and remastered form one day, like Psycho II and Dracula (Williams.. one of my favorite Williams scores)... but at least I do have them (on both vinyl and CD).

On the other hand, whenever I thought I did not have any grails anymore, somebody released something that was a grail of mine, sometimes a grail for so long that I have already forgotten all about it. :-D

One of those ancient, all but forgotten grails of mine would be the soundtrack for Five Card Stud by Maurice Jarre. Now that one would knock me over with a feather. Also Duel at Diablo by Neil Hefti comes to mind. (I know it's been released as part of a collection.) A complete Damnation Alley would be neat, perhaps the most significant Goldsmith sci-fi score without a proper release. And speaking of Goldsmith, boy, would I be game for a re-recording of The Mephisto Walz, a true Goldsmith gem, but the original recording sounds terribly dated.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:44 am 

My list mainly consists of John Williams scores ;)

1) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Williams)

2) Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (Williams)

3) Starwars Prequels and fixed Return of the Jedi with good sound quality (yeah i know i squeezed four scores into one place but starwars belongs together)

4) The Lost World: Jurassic Park (Williams)

5) The Lion King (Zimmer)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 am 

Location: Right underneath that cloud that looks like a rabbit... no, wait, it looks more like a cow now...
Are the current releases of LOST WORLD and TEMPLE OF DOOM really lacking?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:54 am 

Last edited by T. Newman Fan on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:55 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:01 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:23 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:12 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:05 am 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:13 pm 

1) THE SPY WHO LOVED ME (Complete Original Film Tracks)
2) MOONRAKER (Complete)
3) A VIEW TO A KILL (Complete)
4) OCTOPUSSY (Complete)
5) THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN (Complete)

Honorable mention to NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN,
and all of the Bonds from LiCENCE TO KILL to DIE ANOTHER DAY - all Complete, naturally,
and if EON Productions would stop dicking-about, maybe La-La Land would be able to release some of these, as they've apparently wanted to.

Last edited by Neil on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 pm 

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:13 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:59 pm 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next