[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - The Holy Grails

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:12 pm 

THE PRISONER

Post subject: Re: The Holy Grails
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:19 pm 

Hello Tharpdevenport

I saw your list of Holy Grails. Do you have the Universal Music France release of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by G. Delerue. It contains 8 tracks and 30+ min. of the score on it? It also contains the Rejected "Regarding Henry" score.

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 pm 

No, because contrary to what the booklet says, that it not the complete SWTWC score, and it was either Doug or Roger that confirmed Delerue recorded his score on the same type of tape Horner did, meaning we can have far, far better sound than what that Universal Music France release gave us.

All that inferior releases did, was probably post-pone Intrada's eventual release.

So, I'm skipping that. I'm sure in due time, though likely not this year or next, another label will also tackle "Regarding Henry", and probably make it sound better, too. And I'm going to assume that one isn't complete, either; at such time, whomever does it, will probably pair it with Zimmer's score as well.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:35 pm 

The Amazing Mr Blunden - sigh :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:07 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:38 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:04 pm 

If had the money I would have done it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:33 pm 

Here are mine, 5 from Universal which hopefully qualifies them as Intrada material:

Jaws The Revenge - complete from original masters (my grail since I saw this film in 87 and kept searching the album after seing it wrongly advertized as available at MCA Records and Tapes at the teaser poster... the promo released in 2000 was ok but apparently was sourced from a composer 2nd generation tape of the album material having a lot of hiss and missing some great music)
Psycho II - complete (with all the Goldsmith stuff coming out during the past years I'm surprised this one hasn't been released yet. It seems like a safe best seller. Hope there's not any major issue like missing tapes or Varese perpetuity preventing it...)
Jaws 3-D - complete film version (the album is good but there's much more great music in this movie)
Psycho III - complete (my favourite from Carter Burwell - lots of music missing from the LP)
Jaws 2 - complete (love the MCA/Varese album but want the missing music)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:45 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:26 pm 

As long as a proper SWTWC is possible, I'm happy!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:56 am 

One of our dinosaurs is missing (Ron Goodwin)
Monte Carlo or Bust (Ron Goodwin)
Ewoks (Caravan of Courage / Battle For Endor) (Peter Bernstein)
Bedknobs and Broomsticks (Irwin Kostal)
Short Circuit 2 (Charles Fox)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:47 pm 

I recognize that 2 through 4 on my list are probably impossible, but they're Holy Grails for me nonetheless.

1. DuckTales (Ron Jones/Tom Chase & Steve Rucker)
2. DragonBall Z (Shunsuke Kikuchi)
3. DragonBall GT (Akito Tokunaga)
4. Pocket Monsters (Shinji Miyazaki)
5. A Goofy Movie (Carter Burwell, reworked by Don Davis) - the current release has all of my favorite cues... except for the amazing montage theme!

Huh. All of it's animated!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:14 am 

The holy grail at this point I would love to own and I know I'm not alone. is Goldsmith's full MULAN score. The blu-ray is being released in the U.S. this Tuesday wish there was a expanded CD to be re-issued soon.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next