[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Canceled!

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:39 pm 

Varese was going to do White Fang. That's a surprise. I guess it might have been only Poledouris' score if i had been released. Either way in the future it's definitely welcome.

On I.Q., I think it was Goldsmith himself who cancelled the release not Milan if they were going to do it. Either would surprise me.

Doctor Detroit came out on cassette and LP on Backstreet Records! Not MCA i'm sorry. Either way it's part of the Universal Music Group.

You can add Edward Shearmur's RIGHTEOUS KILL to this list. A shame I was looking forward to it.

LaLaLand had planned Brian Tyler's BUBBA HO-TOEP back in 2003 and that didn't happen because of snafu with the contracts and then released as a web only release on the film's website.

Alan Silvestri's score to CLEAN SLATE had been announced by Milan in 1994 and cancelled too. I remember using those MUSE info machines (remember those things they were helpful to a point) and saw this one come up.

Randy Edelman's PONTIAC MOON was also going to be released on Milan also in late 94 early 95 but then cancelled too.

Trevor Jones' MOLLY was announced by you guessed it Milan in 1999 and cancelled.

John Scott's KING KONG LIVES was going to be released on CD but that never happend through MCA records.

Michael Kamen's FREQUENCY had been announced when the DVD was coming out in 2000 around the same time as Shirley Walker's FINAL DESTINATION as well and neither happend. The credits are still on the DVD's as being Soundtrack Available on New Line Records.

Elmer Bernstein's THE RAINMAKER was originally going to be released on Milan before Hollywood Records released it.

Graeme Revell's EATERS OF THE DEAD was going to be released on Hollywood Records in 1998 before the film got delayed and reshot by the late Michael Crichton and rescored Jerry Goldsmith respectively and finally released in 1999. I remember this because I saw the trailer for it before i saw Blade around that time and during the credits it listed a soundtrack release and the film said coming soon.

Maurice Jarre's SUNCHASER was also slated by Milan in 1996 with songs and then cancelled but of course a few pressed promos of Jarre's score leaked out and of course are going for super high prices.

Bill Conti's BLOOD IN BLOOD OUT aka. BOUND BY HONOR was actually pressed by Varese and then cancelled during it's pressing run because the change in title possibly. No one really knows why but the CD is going for super high prices too.

There were a few titles on Rykodisc before they went under had planned to do. If I remember right they had planned to do THE HAPPY ENDING by Michel Legrand and this never happend until FSM released it on their great MGM box. Dominic Frontiere's HANG EM HIGH and Henry Mancini's GAILY, GAILY was slated also. Tracks of these were featured on a couple of Ryko's compliations MGM Soundtracks and Reel Love.

Michael Kamen's Die Hard With A Vengeance was originally going to be released on Virgin Records before it was released on RCA in 1995. This is listed in the paperback novelization of the movie which i still own to this day with the film's original ending still in tact.

Originally the first batch of Varese's Club releases had slated a Bill Conti score for release along with Jerry Goldsmith (Boys from Brazil, Suites and Themes, The Burbs, & Raggedy Man), James Horner (Vibes), Basil Poledouris (Cherry 2000, Flesh & Blood) to name a few. This title might have possibly been The Karate Kid, which would make sense, but for some reason they never released it until the Karate Kid box surfaced last year. I still have a Xerox copy of the newsletter that my friend received from Varese at that time and his name was on this list, to my surprise.

Last edited by lawandorder on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:28 pm 

THE PRISONER

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:12 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:11 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:28 pm 

Watching the movie Predator tonight made me think of another title that had been planned...LOL Of course, Predator.

Okay I remember back in 1998 and 1999 reading in FSM magazine that GNP/Crescendo when they were still in business that they were planning to release this one and i was really psyched for it. Then nothing happend and it wasn't until Varese released it as part of the club that there was finally closure to this saga. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:31 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:05 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm 

There was a CD put together and ready for making of the TV series "V.I.P.E.R.", but after the series got it's second (and final) cancellation, the CD was cancelled too. Jay Ferguson's work.

I managed to get a copy of it out of curiosity. Not my cup of tea.

THE PRISONER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:00 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:17 pm 

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:40 pm 

Post subject: Re: Canceled!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:22 pm 

And we got another title thanks to this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3739

There were two more I discovered in the passed month, but for the life of me I cannot recall what they were.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:38 pm 

UNBELIEVABLE! I just posted something about PHANTASM III: LORD OF THE DEAD.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:54 pm 

Title of this thread gave me a jolt. For a second I thought CNN canceled the Parker/Spitzer show. :lol:

I remember the poster of Vigilante! credited a Jay Chattaway soundtrack recording on Fania records. Looked all over hell for that one. :cry:

Last edited by WorkingWithKnives on Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next