[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Film Score Monthly post About STAR TREK V

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Film Score Monthly post About STAR TREK V
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:24 pm 

What's your source that they're not a rumor?

Yavar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 am 

Don't know what his source is, but he has a track record -- that I've seen thus far -- as 100% accurate, so...

Count me in for TFF.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am 

whoever releases it i hope it is a single disc.
there is no reason whatsoever to include the album version of TFF as this disc is easily available and IN PRINT.
ST II & III were oop so there was some justification in FSM presenting the score in a 2 disc set.

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/4189-THE-BEST-SOUNDTRACKS-OF-THE-DECADE.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujMSjXiRpOI

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:30 am 

My personal thinking on whether or not Trek V should be a 2 disc set:

What material is there? What alternates are worthy of release?

Obviously, the ideal would be to have the complete score on disc 1 (if it'll fit), and if available, alternate cues on disc 2, assuming the material (alternates etc.) warrant it.

The guide for what is released disc wise should be simply: the music. Let the entire length of the score, and the merits of any alternate/album versions of material dictate the number of discs.

I'm not so sure the standard Trek V release is actually still in print, even if it is fairly easy to find.

In any case, it is very much deserving of an expanded/complete release.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 pm 

Weren't many alternates, some were just chopped up in the film.

I think this was the Trek film Jerry did, where he had originally recorded a different main title piece than what we normally hear fanfare wise, but it was not used. I don't think any of us have heard it!

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:26 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:08 pm 

Actually, I was thinking about a post probably a year or two ago at FSM.

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:14 pm 
If we do get TFF this will be the year of major STAR TREK overload! I am making sacrifices by not speading any $$ on some releases that I wanted... :cry:

I might have to ask for a loan from a family memeber if TTF will be released this year. Sorry to babble but I have my reasons... :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:51 am 

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:41 pm 

99% now. ;-)

So ... there was no "correction" on TFF? :mrgreen:

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:12 pm 

That would be good news ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:49 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:36 am 

Well, I was still holding out hope that FSM might be releasing all the Trek scores themselves as I prefer their packaging/liner notes/production quality and would have preferred the consistency with their perfect releases for Treks II and III. Since they've dealt with (and continue to deal with) Sony/Columbia as well as Paramount I felt at least it was likely they'd do Treks I and V, and maybe Intrada would get IV and VI from their UMG connection.

That said, I'm still ecstatic if LaLaLand is putting out a complete Trek V, one of my very favorite Goldsmith scores and possibly my favorite Trek score. It's about time it got a good release and I think a lot of people will be reassessing it (even more than Trek III).

Yavar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3