[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Anne Frank (Graeme Revell)

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Anne Frank (Graeme Revell)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:47 pm 
Normally, when I' m reading the name Graeme Revell then I know "this score does NOT interest me".

But there is one exception: "Anne Frank": beautiful, sad music.

There is one track on a Promo-CD but nothing more. I hope this score will be released one day...

What do you think about Graeme Revell and especially about his "Anne Frank" score?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:16 am 

Graeme Revell didn't write this score. Tim Simonec did. And you are right, it's gorgeous!

-Erik-

Join our Patreon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:22 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:37 am 

Join our Patreon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:54 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:10 pm 

Join our Patreon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:52 pm 

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:32 pm 

Had the same comments over at MMUK, and there I listed all known additional composers. So unless you guys can name the ghostwriters and on what, then it's baseless rumors.

THE PRISONER

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:49 pm 

Join our Patreon

Last edited by Erik Woods on Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:55 pm 

Joel Goldsmith did, but I think you were probably referring to Call of Duty 2.

The only Anne Frank score I own is the one by Michael Nyman, a lovely little piano score. I'd be curious to hear the score to the Robert Dornhelm directed version though. Dornhelm seems to be all over the place as far as composers go. In addition to a few collaborations with Harald Kloser and Thomas Wanker, he's had Revell/Simonec on Anne Frank, Randy Miller on Spartacus, Randy Edelman on The Ten Commandments, and now it looks like Jan A.P. Kaczmarek on his upcoming War and Peace. Now that's something I really want to hear!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:30 am 

Alfred Newman wrote an absolutely amazing Anne Frank score. Although his wonderful main theme is way overshadowed by a much less used minor theme in the score.

Yavar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:24 am 

Peter Boyer, Erik?

THE PRISONER

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:06 pm 

You can hear a number of cues at Tim Simonec's site:

http://www.timsimonec.com/simonec.html

And many other scores.

THE PRISONER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:14 pm 

Those sound clips are amazing. Intrada should really consider this one for the Signature series.

Yavar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:56 pm 

Yes, Tim Simonec is a wonderful composer. He mainly gets work as an orchestrator & conductor these days and is very busy working with Michael Giacchino on his many projects.

I was fortunate enough to meet Tim through John Scott back in the early 90s. This was prior to working with Graeme Revell and Tim was working here & there on projects including recording supervisor on some John Scott projects.

The really amazing thing about Tim is his story. When you go to his website, take the time to read his bio. This is a man who overcame a dibiliating spinal tumor to become what they call "a walking quadraplegic." I remember seeing him at what is now the Alfred Newman Scoring Stage at Fox working with John Scott on a Camel Commercial. Someone came up behind him while he was sitting working in the booth and ask "Do you have a stiff neck?" Tim said, "Yeah. Right." They had no idea of his condition.

Tim and his lovely wife Janet were very kind to put me and a couple friends up at their house in 1993 for the night during the SPFM conference and dinner honoring Ennio Morricone.

I've lost contact with him and Janet over the years but am always happy to see his name in the credits of projects and really enjoyed his score to "A Rumor of Angels." I'd love to see him get more composing credits.

James

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next