[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Spellbound Track Listing

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 7:09 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 2:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 4:18 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:23 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:34 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:17 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:21 am 

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 9:50 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:49 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:00 am 

Hello,

This is my first post in this message board and the discussion for the Spellbound recording was the main reason to join this forum.

I started collecting soundtracks nearly 30 years ago and I had already a great amount of titles in my shelves before discovering INTRADA, FSM, Screen Archives and other labels dedicating to special film scores. These releases are the real gems in my collection thanks to producers like Mr Fake and Mr Feigelson. Without these guys many of the finest film scores ever recorded would not see any release, at least not a legit one.

Music (including film scores) is a thing of taste. If you don´t like a certain score or composer that´s ok. You might dislike a certain interpretation of a score too - that´s also ok. But it is not ok to talk a project down because it is not of a personal taste. As Mr Feigelson pointed out - the album has not even shipped out. A lot of releases in the last months are simply not my taste but for what reason I should complain about them? I´m happy that other people did support these releases. I waited patiently for further releases which are more atrarctive to me - and the latest Special Collections are GREAT!

In this particular Spellbound project we had also the chance to take a glimpse into the recording sessions (thanks to the video clips provided by Mr. Feigelson) and these few video clips revealed already what efforts have to be undertake for such a production (not to mention the paperwork behind this). Therefore I trust that the price for this disc is more than justified and there is no reason to insult the producers. And comparing to prices people are willing to pay for non legit releases (see EBAY auctions) I´m wondering about such price discussions.

As far as I understand this is not a limited recording, so if someone feel that at the moment it is too much for ordering all the latest fine releases than he should wait until he can afford it without any insulting comments.

For me Spellbound is one of the best scores of the Golden Age. I have the Heindorf-Stanyan recording, the Entr´acte LP version (with Rozsa conducting), the Elmer Bernstein version ("Spellbound Concerto") and a lot of shorter suites (Charles Gerhardt, Paul Bateman etc.). Each version has its own character but none of them is complete. I´m very glad that Intrada finally produced a ´definite´recording of this wonderful score. This album is for shure on my next Intarda order.

Many thanks to all people involving in this wonderful release!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:20 pm 

You get my order dear Intrada staff !
Let the bashing people away !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:32 pm 

Maybe the logo for the Centennial Anniversary for Miklos Rozsa :

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:04 am 

My Two cents, and only two, I didnt read all of this because I have a sinus headache and Im not fully awake yet, anyway this is starting to sound like a FSM thread, geesh, Im with those who say if you dont want to spend the money then , dont buy it, I for one ordered it without hesitation, I love this score, Doug you know how I feel about you and Intrada, TJ take a chill pill, Im not made of money either and I order way more than I should but hey , its Great music, all of it.

Peace :)

sd :)

BTW TJ Im glad you got your copy of the first freeclyde release, I shoud get mine soon but Monday is a holiday, Crap no mail.

and all of you War heroes , we honor YOU!!

Jerry Goldsmith, Joel Goldsmith, John Williams, Elmer Bernstein,Michael Giacchino,Scott Glasgow,Alan Silvestri, Bernard Herrmann, Christopher Young, Bruce Broughton,Ennio Morricone and a host of others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:08 pm 

Based on the samples, I think it's safe to say SPELLBOUND will be added to my next order when Amazing Stories Vol. 3 is released. :D

Honestly, if the previous Excalibur releases were at this same price, I would not think twice about getting all of them. (which I've already acquired and love - actually I think they're all getting a little worn out from repeated play!) :wink:

Matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:23 pm 

Last edited by DeviantMan on Wed May 30, 2007 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next