[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - I have a question for collectors

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I have a question for collectors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:33 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:44 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:59 pm 

[quote="MWRuger"]I think in many ways it is need to be heard even if you have nothing to offer other the notion that they are denying you money because you didn’t meet their needs. They are mostly pointless posts.

Other than an “atta boyâ€

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:03 pm 

The need to be negative seems to have become the American national pastime lately. I don't get it either. Perhaps people need to eat more salads or something?

The one thread that really flummoxed me was when a few people were chastising Intrada for not releasing more Golden Age scores. It seems that they had purchased several of Intrada's recent releases under the apparently one-sided understanding that their doing so would somehow ensure an equal number of Golden Age releases down the road. When that didn't happen they felt cheated. Somehow.

It's not like it's only Intrada that draws this kind of fire, of course. I remember when FSM put out "Omega Man" there was much furious posting all over everywhere about how some people simply REFUSED to support a label that released such music and how DARE they inflict it on right-thinking soundtrack aficionados and some were DEMANDING some kind of restitution and so on.

:shock:

I've been accused of being a knuckle-dragging, mouth-breathing fool who'd enjoy anything and everything put in front of him and who am I to say that's not true? But I'm having more fun than most, so THERE. ;)

"Enjoy every sandwich."
-- Warren Zevon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:53 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:21 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:24 pm 

Jerry Goldsmith, Joel Goldsmith, John Williams, Elmer Bernstein,Michael Giacchino,Scott Glasgow,Alan Silvestri, Bernard Herrmann, Christopher Young, Bruce Broughton,Ennio Morricone and a host of others.

Post subject: Re: I have a question for collectors
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:59 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:52 pm 

Roger,

I think Max Dougan has two fundamental drawbacks: it's not science-fiction or action-adventure, and it's not written by Jerry Goldsmith.

Seriously, at the risk of sounding like a snob, there's an age factor in the complaints. Some of us who were around to discover David Shire in his prime, either in films or on stage, recognize what a treat it is that a label like Intrada will go to the trouble to release his work. Not everyone will buy it, but enough will, I hope. Now Shire rarely worked in the kinds of blockbusters that generate so much interest today, and when one looks at the unreleased titles that keep coming up on the boards with tiresome regularity, one can't help but suspect that for a vocal segment of the soundtrack community, nothing will be acceptable until these titles are released. It's juvenile, silly and narrow-minded. For those more interested in the art of film music rather than film franchises, the release of a Shire score can only be cause for celebration. In fact, I've been inspired to catch up on a few Shire titles that had escaped me until now. I firmly hope that Zodiac will be an incentive for these nay-sayers to come to discover and enjoy his talent.

Last edited by Ed on Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:04 pm 

Dear Roger F.
You guys at at Intrada do a GREAT job and I do NOT buy all your releases, I do NOT say negative things, you know why. I want those other people to buy those few releases I don't so possibly the next thing you release I will buy. Same thing with varese's cd club, I do not buy them all, but I'm VERY glad they sell out of many of them, cause it helps them to continue their cd club, same with you guys. I heard some of the cues from Max Dugan and the Kid in Pictures and LOVED it, so I bought it. I'm just so thankful you put out Jack the Bear as I'm a HUGE Horner fan and that is such a great score. I also do not like John Powell really at all, his music that is, but I hear time after time, how much people like him, which makes me go out and rent more of his films and listen closely, which I do and I do now havea couple of his scores. I really wish people were more positive on some of these forums. I'm on the James Horner webpage and everyone is so nice all the time, I wish that was the way on filmscoremonthly as well, but thats life. Please keep putting out great scores for us, from one fan in Indiana

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:07 pm 

I'm listening to 2001 as I type. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:10 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:30 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:44 am 

Last edited by BigMacGyver on Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:46 am 

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next