[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Silverado

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Silverado
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:44 pm 

**Possible idea for new topic catagory: Intrada Release comments/reviews**

Silverado - What a terrific score, and one that I am finally glad to have released in a virtually complete package. (Thanks, Intrada!) However, on the downside, I am greatly disappointed by the horrible quality of artwork used for the CD. What happened??? The last Intrada Silverado release had bad quality artwork for some reason as well, and I was looking forward to an 'upgrade'... but the new cover and inside artwork looks like it was printed from a low res web graphic or something.

Your covers are usually prestine -- just not sure why you'd spend as much time building such a perfect product and not put as much into the cover art.

I buy every one of your releases, and will continue to do so -- just curious as to what happened.

THANKS!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:34 pm 

Although I haven't picked up this title yet, I must agree that the packaging looks a bit cheap and that I have initially been put of by the the cover of this NEW extended release, as it only shows HALF of the beautiful painting done by illustrator, Bob Peak.

Go here to see the original Bob Peak poster - http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_item.as ... %2EA%2Ejpg

And his alternate take that easily have made a better cover - http://www.moviegoods.com/movie_item.as ... %2EA%2Ejpg

But since the topic has been mentioned, in general, and to take this a little bit further, I too have found that the quality of the packaging on most of Intrada's recent titles has been lacking. Which is unfortunate, as it doesn't compliment the the attention to detail that goes into the rest of production on the CDs. Everything about "THE LAWMAN" was great - awesome packaging, great liner notes and incredible sound quality to a great score - looked and sounded like a labor of love. But on other titles, such as some of the "Signature Edition" CDs, with regards to packaging, the attention to detail, or the quality there of, seems to leave a lot to desire. Don't get me wrong, Intrada sets the standard when it comes to quality and I always look foreword to their NEW RELEASES, but sloppy packaging is like a bride showing up to her wedding with $h!t all over her. Everybody notices, but they just hope that the cake tastes good.

There - I've said it. Am I banished from this site already?

Keep churning out the great releases,

Matt Oz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:08 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 11:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:01 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:00 pm 

I don't see any bad artwork to overlook. The cover is so much better than the previous Intrada release and I don't think that either of the other suggested covers in this thread would have been as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 2:19 pm 

Do realize also that artwork for a soundtrack album must conform to numerous approvals. Studios supply materials, attorneys approve or reject various names, likenesses and images, art designers try to create something attractive within these limited parameters, so forth. It's amazing that sometimes a really cool cover can be accomplished out of all this.

Originally our SILVERADO deal allowed us to use only artwork and stills used by Geffen for their LP version. Nothing else. We would've liked to do more with it but that wasn't an option. Our current deal with Sony finally allowed us access to other artwork, which included the Bob Peak painting from Columbia's original 1985 movie campaign. Working with both Peak's son Matthew and his close friend Bob Townson, we were able to do much more with our packaging this time around. Sometimes you lose, sometimes you win!
--Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:14 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 6:45 pm 

Post subject: Silverado
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:38 pm 
Douglas
I got my copy today and the cover looks good to me.
Santa's elves have started wrapping it and I won't hear it till christmas day.
The art work on the back of the cd was striking,as well .The composition caught my eye,was it done by Bob Peak or his son Matthew?
Looking forward to hearing it.

Post subject: COW-PUNCHING FOR FUN AND PROFIT
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:33 am 
Just got the disc today, the last disc in stock at the going-out-of-business Aron's Records in Hollywood (at 30% off, too). That price made it irresistible, though I must admit the score (or film) have never been a favorite of mine (what I want is a complete [/i]TOMBSTONE[/i], a far superior score to a vastly, and surprisingly, superior film. I've heard that an expanded disc of ).TOMBSTONE's on the way. Any truth to this?).

Post subject: Re: COW-PUNCHING FOR FUN AND PROFIT
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:44 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:54 am 

MANY THANKS for this incredible release !

Beautiful cover (my opinion !), inlay and back cover, very good booklet !

Amazing sound quality : Mr Armin Steiner did a wonderful recording 20 years ago and a wonderful mix monthes ago !

And last but not least, WHAT A SCORE ! Finally, we can hear how brilliant and clever was Mr Broughton's complete score for this movie. Didn't it win a Saturn Award for best score ?

1985 saw also another Brughton's gem: YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES !

Thank you Mr Broughton and Intrada !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:57 pm 

SILVERADO, YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES, THE BOY WHO COULD FLY, THE MONSTER SQUAD, RESCUERS DOWN UNDER, HEART OF DARKNESS remain, for me, the best of Bruce Broughton and were all composed between 1985 and 1989.
Of course, I enjoy much more music from Bruce, but those few ones are very very dear to my heart. I mean that I enjoy every second of it, those music are part of my life and my heart.

Thank you so much Intrada, and Mr Broughton for this astounding complete edition of Silverado. The movie contained so much rousing music unreleased on the 1st CD edition that the score deserved such a deluxe treatment. Now we can appreciate the progression of this fully artistic composition and not only the main themes and the great action moments.

Nothing negative to say about the cover art and like you can see on my Joel McNeely fan site, I really admire Bob and Matthew Peak's graphic works. Intrada made perfect choices in my opinion, and the music and sound quality are still the main things to focus on anyway... :wink:

NOW, can we expect the same treatment for another great amazing score I listed above, one of my fave from Bruce Broughton : THE MONSTER SQUAD ? The few tracks available on the BB promotional CDs are just what I should call damn good Fantasy Action music, certainly one of the best I've ever listened to with so much interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:50 am 
I was wondering about the essential content of Broughton's music was excellently covered on the original album.

Can't find a reason to purchase the 2 CD edition, and I'm no fan of switching discs. Has anybody made different experience, please tell me. I collected all of Broughton's work, but this is the first CD I'm not buying the first moment I see it^

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next