[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - Fund Raising email from Kritzerland

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fund Raising email from Kritzerland
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:22 am 

Just wanted to know if anyone is planning to participate in the fund raising effort by the Kritzerland label ?

(At the indiegogo.com website)

Last edited by johnsmith on Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Donation email from Kritzerland
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 9:56 am 
It's definitely worthwhile and reasonable in my mind. We could use another label to take on the task of continually releasing older, less appreciated scores from the Universal Pictures and Warner Bros. vaults. The extremely hard working people at Intrada shouldn't have to do it all.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:36 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 7:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 pm 

Great that the word is being spread but a link might be helpful for people so here it is:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/krit ... /x/9165600

I would also like to point out that this is not in any way a donation! (Might want to revise the thread title, as it's misleading as to what Kritzerland is asking for...)

Well, I guess it's basically a donation if you contribute less than $25, but only two people opted for that. The vast majority of "contributors" are getting handsomely compensated. I myself am going in for at least the $50 level, which includes a Kritzerland mug, Kritzerland T-shirt, AND 3 Kritzerland CDs (and Bruce said on the FSM board that you can pick catalogue titles or get the next three coming out...). Oh yeah, and shipping is included!

It's not a donation at all, really, but helping Bruce get some capital all in at once so that he can break into the other studios we all have been salivating for Golden Age releases from...think of this more as a sale! After all, three Kritzerland albums normally would cost $60 PLUS shipping, and for me it's like getting $10 off, FREE shipping, and FREE T-shirt and mug to boot! I hope everyone makes this a success...

Yavar

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:33 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:00 pm 

Post subject: Re: Fund Raising email from Kritzerland
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm 
I hope that whatever is made helps a great deal. My interest isn't so much Golden Age as it is the obscure Silver Age stuff that is likely to slip through the cracks due to very limited appeal. You know, the films and TV series of the 60s and 70s that maybe 50 people today even care about and were scored by composers who don't draw much attention among collectors.

People mention unreleased Universal scores from the likes of Mancini, Herrmann and Schifrin, but I believe that no score from such giants would be too obscure for Intrada if they can do something about it. Intrada has an impeccable sense of where enough interest exists.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 10:08 pm 

Thank you, T. Newman Fan. For what it's worth... we're happily working now with the actual soundtracks from several "golden age" movies. There is a lot of truly magnificent music from that era!
--Doug

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:19 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:41 pm 

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:12 pm 

Thanks for the forthcoming golden age CDs Doug! :)

The golden age sure did have many great scores to be sure. Please try to issue all you can.

Any chance of Max Steiner at WB?[/quote]

There's always "a chance". You're familiar with us well enough by now to know that we're digging into vaults everywhere... and regularly finding stuff long thought lost to the ages. Steiner at WB is on our list, as is a vast amount of stuff over there and elsewhere. But as Roger has often pointed out, even if we wave money in front of these good folks, they work at their own pace, not ours. But in fairness, it's that the various legal teams at their end are all overworked and perpetually swamped with agreements and paperwork to review. Things eventually happen, but we've learned to be patient. We have so many irons in the fire these days, if it takes years to put together Rio Bravo or Cahill: US Marshal or Summer Of '42 or whatever else we're bugging WB about, we've no shortage of things to do in the meantime. Lol. Trust me. We're working on all kinds of things these days... with every studio.
--Doug[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to reply Doug, I know you are very busy. And thanks too for explaining things for us. It looks like many exciting CDs are in store for us in due time.

Yes, I do know you and Intrada by now ..... we starting corresponding in December 1977!
...... Peter K. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:48 pm 

There is only 4 days left to contribute to the Kritzerland fund raiser. The last week has seen a lot of contributions. Bruce promises a LOT of Golden Age and Silver Age CDs including 2 Victor Young CDs and many Fox CDs etc. Please try to contribute best you can, I just did. Between Kritzerland and Intrada I'll be in Golden Age Heaven! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ]