[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4505: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4507: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4508: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4509: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Intrada Soundtrack Forum • View topic - DuckTales (Ron Jones): episode-by-episode analysis

Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:32 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: DuckTales (Ron Jones): episode-by-episode analysis
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:32 am 

I have been wanting this score to get a release for ages.

Kenisu you have done some absolutely phenominal work here. This is SO thurough.

I loved reading your first post, I can totally relate to your love and appreciation even at a young age. My brother and I always noticed the great score. And its a real shame this hasnt seen the light of day. Im more partial to Ron Jones work in it, the "Dinosaur Ducks" style scoring is not as memorable or timeless. The main "reused" cues and themes from typical "Ron Jones-esque" episodes are just excellent though.

Even if just a Treasure of the Golden Suns soundtrack was released that would be amazing!!!

Keep up the great work. Here's hoping this can lead to this music being heard the way it deserves to be heard!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:11 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am 

Now that Duck Tales as a franchise is getting some attention from the new Duck Tales Remastered video game, it would be nice to get a soundtrack release. Unless they bring back the series, this will probably be the most attention the show will get since the original series was released. Come ON DISNEY! Release Ron Jone's music already! Please!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:43 am 

I'm planning on emailing/sending a letter to somebody at Disney once I know what I'm doing and who to contact, and letting them know now's the time to release Volume 4 of the DVDs, and the complete score on CD. They probably won't listen to just one lowly fan, but at least I'll know I did something.

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrating it is that, over the years, everyone from my generation has always only seemed to care about the game, and the music that plays on the Moon stage. But the Remastered edition has the potential to change that, as it really brings out the cartoon (though I wish so badly Jake Kaufman had had the foresight to use the actual leitmotifs from the show for the new cinematic sequences, rather than just study the Jones score and whip up his own compositions that sound like they could have been part of the cartoon), and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping the cartoon voices and situations bring a lot of gamers back to the show, which most of them seem not to have watched since they were children.

If they do revisit the series, they'll notice the amazing score now that time has passed and they have a greater capacity for appreciating things like that, and hopefully that'll create demand for a soundtrack.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:45 am 

I've not watched it since I was a child, but i do remember the score was awesome. But I'd like to have Ducktales The Movie (David Newman) too !! :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:11 am 

Hey Anakin,

If you do a quick search you'll be able to find David Newman's score for Duck Tales the movie. There is an unofficial soudntrack available.

It is good, but the reason we want the score for the TV show is that its almost completely unavailable. Other than the few cues that were once on Ron Jones' website. There isn't even a bootleg or unofficial release.

I did also wish Kaufman would of had little nods to Jones' score in the cinematic music in the new Duck Tales Remastered, but at least it fits with the sound of the show. His compositions for the ingame stuff is pretty awesome though. :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:29 am 

Loved your analysis of the DuckTales cues, kenisu. :D

This music was a major factor in getting me interested in orchestral scores all those years back, a score release would literally be a dream come true. A few years back I too emailed Mr. Jones about it; he said he'd love to see it released as well.

I do still hope to see the soundtrack announcement here one day. :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:27 pm 

The final volume of Talespin was released on DVD via the Disney Movie Club, so it's possible the last Ducktales could wind up there as well:

http://openvaultdisney.com/2013/05/30/t ... gargoyles/

I too would love a complete Ducktales CD. That Jones music is just great. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:43 am 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 pm 

Heya folks,

I've put together a petition to try and get Disney Records, Intrada, or someone to release the score for DuckTales, so

I recognize that's probably not how things go around these parts, not really, but I figure if nothing else, this may at least help get Ron Jones's DuckTales on Doug and Roger's radar, and if it already is, it could move DT somewhere higher up their queue.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:34 am 

Signed! :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:51 am 

And as another compensation, on April 29 Walt Disney Records will release (digitally) the soundtrack to the 1989 NES game DuckTales composed by Hiroshige Tonomura, along with its remake arranged by and with new compositions by Jake Kaufman.

So it looks like DuckTales is getting some little attention from Walt Disney Records after all, and maybe Intrada ? :wink:

Last edited by Anakin McFly on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:38 pm 

The release is digital only, at least so far.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:46 pm 

Well... those are great and all, guys, but as for me personally, I just can't get that excited until I see the whites of Ron Jones's eyes.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2