Intrada Soundtrack Forum

www.intrada.com
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: With my first breather during a...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:14 pm 

12/23/2022

With my first breather during a whirlwind vacation week in Colorado, I’ve experienced events both miraculous and the opposite. I’m trapped in the sub-zero temperatures that have befallen these parts and they create challenges for us Californians for sure. From the way I see other people skidding around the icy snow-covered roadways, this weather creates challenges for the locals as well. Miracles: My daughter Veronika made me a grandfather on December 20. Her wonderful fireman husband Matt helped. Amelia is all those cute things a three-day old baby girl can be… and more. I run out of words here. Miracles are like that. In another miracle, one not distant in type, my other daughter Regina also created life. Well, sort of. Intrada clientele have known Regina for years as our production manager, helping coordinate things in the background while simultaneously working as a first responder. Starting with her EMT training and ambulance services through dispatching of same, she now operates with the 911 emergency services for Denver Health. In that capacity, she knew exactly what to do the other day with complete calm and confidence during a life-threatening crisis that resulted in her actually saving a life. Yep, as in for real. This is not just her dad’s proud exaggerating, either. On December 22, the city of Denver celebrated Regina’s complete mastery of their EMD protocols during a recent crisis by presenting her with a distinguished life-saver award, given out in front of her peers. It puts producing soundtrack albums in perspective. Oh, yeah, the opposite: Arriving in time for these miraculous events, I promptly ended up in the ER with the flu. I rarely get sick. It sucks. So I had to keep my distance with new Amelia for a couple of days. Regina’s medical skill didn’t help, either. Gee, I wonder if Amelia will grow up with a passion for soundtracks like the rest of the family. Maybe we’ll start her off with the complete Conan The Barbarian and ease her into life with something quiet and lyrical.